9/11/2001 - 9/11/2016

I'll never forget that day! It was in the morning before my first day of second grade and my mom told my brother and me, "This day is going to change a lot of things for you boys. You are going to see a lot of important history within your lifetime." God bless all who lost their life that day and all who served our country in the war!

Last edited:
They were not well received by the people of New York or critics when they were built, thought to be "ugly"....
I think they were beautiful.
The enormity of what happened that sunny Tuesday morning well NEVER be forgotten.
To the victims and there family's, you will always be in our hearts and thoughts.

God Bless America

Sunday is 9/11/2016 - the 15th anniversary of the attacks.
Sept 11 2001, I was working as a contractor at an Army Civilian location in the DC area.
One of our Govies got a phone call, pulled out a TV, and plugged it in just in time to see the second plane heading towards the Twin towers.
Later we heard the top Govie for our group had just left his office at the Pentagon and was being driven to another location for a regularly scheduled meeting.
As they circled the building to head for the parking lot exit, he happened to turn around
and look out the back window of the car and saw the building (and his office) go up in flames ...

They let us go within the hour and we went home to be with our loved ones, not sure what was coming next.
That morning of Sept 11 2001 we didn't know if this was the start of nuclear war, WW3, or what would happen next.
Understand, when I grew up, we did atom bomb drills (early 60s) and crawled under our desks in elementary school.
But it was quite a change to realize any American location could be a target for some hate mongering murderous bastards.

Last edited:
Why is this thread called 9/11/2001 - 9/11/2015 ? (please fix the title)

Tomorrow (Sunday) is 9/11/2016 - the 15th anniversary

Sept 11 2001 I was working at an Army Civilian location in the DC area.

One of our Govies got a phone call and pulled out a TV, and plugged it in just in time to see the second plane heading towards the Twin towers.
Later we heard the top Govie for our group had just left his office at the Pentagon and was being driven to another location for a regularly scheduled meeting.
As they circled the building to head for the parking lot exit, he happened to turn around
and look out the back window of the car and saw the building (and his office) go up in flames ...

They let us go within the hour and we went home to be with our loved ones, not sure what was coming next.
That morning of Sept 11 2001 we didn't know if this was the start of nuclear war, WW3, or what would happen next.
Understand, when I grew up, we did atom bomb drills (early 60s) and crawled under our desks in elementary school.
But it was quite a change to realize any American location could be a target for some hate mongering murderous bastards.
You are right .I confused the 15 th anniversary and the nowdays date.It happens How can I fix it??

Last edited:
I was at work listening to the radio when it all took place . After the 2nd plane hit , I went to the bowling alley where they had a TV and my mom was senior bowling . What a day . It's one of those "where were you when this happened?' moments that nobody will ever forget .

Such sadness and for what ?

I'll never forget the day, and I won't forget my boss saying "it was just a plane that crashed into a building, Get Back to Work!"

After seeing the horrible images all morning, it got incredibly real that afternoon when I heard an airplane over head. Knowing it had to be military, probably an A-10, flying a combat air patrol over American soil, over my home. Something I thought I'd never see.

I will also never forget that morning of the attacks! It was the most peaceful morning, sunny with not a cloud in the sky, beautiful temperature! I can't imagine what that sounded like when each tower collapsed.

I was in a hospital bed pumped full of pain killers after a major surgery and saw the second plane flying into the twin towers live.
It was only after being discharged and getting home did I realize the horror and the enormity of the terrorist attack.
While laying down there, it could have been a movie for all I knew.

I want to vent steam concerning my feelings on 9-11. But it is very political in nature. Can my feelings be freely expressed here, or is this forbidden?

We watched w/ fascination during the construction of the original towers. Still have several polaroids my brother and I took @ various stages/phases of their completion. Fifteen years since they were destroyed by jihadi. Never forget.

Back
Top Bottom