Need Help: does anyone have photos of the following '44-'55 gear???

bluesky

Addicted Member
Need Help: does anyone have photos of the following 1944-1955 gear???

The following are the ' only 16 pieces ' of 1944 to 1955 Sansui gear that I don't have photos of. I have all the information on them but no photos.
Do any of you Sansui guys have any, ** even one ** ... photo of any of the below gear??

Mono amplifiers: (I only need photos of these 'specific model' HF amps.)
HW-731
HW-733
HF-6V6P
HF-R5K
HF-L6K
HF-R50(C)

Power Transformers:
P-120
P-130
P-160
P-200

Choke Coils:
C-150
C-200
C-250

Pre-amp:
PR-333C.
I already have photos and information on the the PR-333 (and the PR-330, the 'earliest best seller' of course). The PR-333C is a 'supremely untimate' RARE pre-amp for the HF mono power amplifiers, so it seems. Can't even find photos on any Japanese websites (looked for 7 years). It's like it doesn't exist...but it does! Someone's got one. :) Somewhere...in Japan... 'Maybe'. My thinking is that they came out with this mono amp and maybe soon after that came out with 'stereo amps' so no one really bought them. Not in any volumn anyway.

And:
PM-V600
PM-250

I could use your help! Just can't find the photo(s) of the above gear. I already have photos and information on 'ALL the rest of the early gear'. :yes:

Most appreciated: Thanks!!

:thmbsp:

Last edited:
I personally don't have any but, I've transmitted your request on two audio forums in France. Hopefully, they have something for you.

Besoin d'aide: recherche photos de produit Sansui, années "44-55"

Un ami à moi aimerais bien trouver des photos pour les 16 pièces de Sansui des années 1944 à 1955 qui suivent.
Un d'entre vous aurait peut-être une ou plusieurs de ces photos.
Merci.

Mono amps:HW-731
HW-733
HF-6V6P
HF-R5K
HF-L6K
HF-R50(C)

Power Transformers:
P-120
P-130
P-160
P-200

Choke Coils:
C-150
C-200
C-250

Pre-amp:
PR-333C (il a déjà une photo du PR-333 )

And:pM-V600
PM-250

Merci de vôtre aide,

I personally don't have any but, I've transmitted your request on two audio forums in France. Hopefully, they have something for you.

Besoin d'aide: recherche photos de produit Sansui, années "44-55"

Un ami à moi aimerais bien trouver des photos pour les 16 pièces de Sansui des années 1944 à 1955 qui suivent.
Un d'entre vous aurait peut-être une ou plusieurs de ces photos.
Merci.

Mono amps:HW-731
HW-733
HF-6V6P
HF-R5K
HF-L6K
HF-R50(C)

Power Transformers:
P-120
P-130
P-160
P-200

Choke Coils:
C-150
C-200
C-250

Pre-amp:
PR-333C (il a déjà une photo du PR-333 )

And:pM-V600
PM-250

Merci de vôtre aide,

Greatly Appreciated!! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

I could ask a contact in Japan. He dug up some Manuals for me. Let me see. I can look in my Japan Sansui Book. Fever

Hi,

Here is one of them, hopefully this is what you need/wanted.

Mono amp:
HF-6V6P

Still working on the others, :thmbsp:

PS:
On that site, there is also one called, HF-6V6K, and according to them, it's from 1954, maybe, while the 6V6P is from 1956 or 1955 ??

Last edited:
Thanks moinau. And thanks for the site address. I've seen it before but haven't seen it for years.

** I've been looking for the PR-333 manufacture date for a long time! **

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Bump.

Would love to see more information and pics on this era of amps come together on AK. Sorry, I can't help much for now beyond what is obviously available on the web.

Pictured here is the only photo I have of the Sansui AM receiver I owned from 1958 through about 1962. I purchased the receiver at the base hobby shop while stationed at Andersen Air Force Base on Guam, about January, 1958. Sorry, I don’t recall the model number of the receiver, but I seem to remember it had 6BQ5 tubes as the output P.P. pair and was housed in a Black piano-finished wood cabinet. Also in the picture are a “Neat” (Made in Japan) transcription turntable and viscous damped 16” tone arm with a Japanese copy of a GE Variable reluctance cartridge. Also a “Neat” “Omni-Direction” tweeter (the round toad-stool shaped object behind the coffee cup). All purchased the same time as the Sansui at the Base hobby shop. Speaker used was probably a 15” Jensen in a Jensen bass reflex cabinet that I had at the time. The location is my barracks room on Dyess AFB, Abilene, Texas.

Sansui AM receiver 2.jpg

And if I may say so, Blue Sky, we would love to see pictures of all this stuff if you ever get around to it. I love the look of the old gear.

Cicada,

That certainly looks like the receiver I had back in my Air Force days! Any idea of the model number?

Cicada,

That certainly looks like the receiver I had back in my Air Force days! Any idea of the model number?
The knob layout is different though...

Hay you had great input above and have been doing this a very long time, quite interesting to say the least.

Are you still looking for HF R50 photos. I just picked one up today and could photograph it for you.
Mark

Are you still looking for HF R50 photos. I just picked one up today and could photograph it for you.
Mark

I am not the person who originally posted, but I think we can safely assume the many will be interested. Or at least I will be :)

Back
Top Bottom