Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

This kid picked up one of my 8 track tapes at work and said "So, is there like a computer chip inside these?" I couldn't help but burst into laughter as my boss tried to explain it uses magnetic tape. The look on the kids face was priceless.

Love the responses! I still have the soul of a twenty-year old but I can't remember much of anything. It pisses me off when someone tells me a story of something we did but have no recollection of it. And I'm not even 60 yet.

This happened to me recently, I am 28. :(

I was diagnosed with glaucoma and my wife was upset. I told her it was okay because now I could get medical marijuana (I was kidding with her). She didn't think that was funny. :(
I've been living with sometimes very stubborn glaucoma for the past 25 years to. So far drops, trabeculectomies. laser surgeries, and salves have done their job. I hope it never comes to the point that I have to use medical marijuana but from what I've read it is effective in lowering the pressure.

I just ran across a craigslist post that made me feel old...
I am selling a vintage Marantz Receiver AM/FM Stereo Model 1520 from the 1900s. It is in excellent condition and works great. I am asking $80 OBO. Please CALL Joe at Show contact info.

Last edited:
Used to go to a local restaurant with a gang of truck drivers. One day, I took the yard labourers, who are around 18-20 years old and received the senior's discount.

We're in Las Vegas for New Year's. I used to love it here but this trip I'm finding it noisy, crowded and dirty.

I turned 73. That made me feel very old. Older even that when I turned 72. Can't wait until I turn 74. And then the magic 75 when I have to go for my drivers test every year and my auto Ins. goes up 30%.

My eldest daughter, who is 22 and loves movies, asked me recently 'Hey dad, how old were you when you got your first DVD player?' - I replied 'dunno, probably like 30 or something'. She then asked why her grandparents hadn't bought me one when I was a kid so I could watch movies in the car. I told her that technology didn't exist when I was a kid - we sang along to the eight track or played I Spy. I'm now feeling old again.

And now, same daughter has produced our first grandson. Now that makes me feel old hah hah.

A few years back, I was on my way to a business meeting, wearing a suit & tie. Parked my car, and was walking down the sidewalk when I noticed a couple (guy and girl) of early-20s stoners (they looked high as ****), the guy was wearing a South Park T-shirt. When they got about 6 feet away, I threw up my hands, and screamed "Oh my GOD....they killed Kenny !!!" (I hope this reference is not lost on most of you :) )

They froze in their tracks, staring at me like I was Charlie Manson coming to get them....for a minute, I thought they were gonna shit their pants. Finally, I pointed at the guy`s shirt, and said "South Park, dude....you know, KENNY ???" At that moment, a light bulb went off in the girl`s head, and she broke out into wild laughter, pointing at me, then at the guy, then at me, just laughing her ass off. Her boyfriend obviously didn`t find it funny at all....

A few years back, I was on my way to a business meeting, wearing a suit & tie. Parked my car, and was walking down the sidewalk when I noticed a couple (guy and girl) of early-20s stoners (they looked high as ****), the guy was wearing a South Park T-shirt. When they got about 6 feet away, I threw up my hands, and screamed "Oh my GOD....they killed Kenny !!!" (I hope this reference is not lost on most of you :) )

They froze in their tracks, staring at me like I was Charlie Manson coming to get them....for a minute, I thought they were gonna shit their pants. Finally, I pointed at the guy`s shirt, and said "South Park, dude....you know, KENNY ???" At that moment, a light bulb went off in the girl`s head, and she broke out into wild laughter, pointing at me, then at the guy, then at me, just laughing her ass off. Her boyfriend obviously didn`t find it funny at all....

Maybe the guy's name was Kenny. That would be funny.

I looked in the mirror one day and noticed a long hair on the side of my face, when I tried to pull it off I realized it was attached to my eyebrow, it had to have been two inches long! o_O If I don't keep an eye out for these rogue eyebrow hairs I will end up looking like Larry Hagman!

3c4f4613de5ce201e307a6a557d3247d_view.jpg

Back
Top Bottom