My latest setup...without horns!
jt1stcav

My latest setup...without horns!

I still love my Cornwalls, but no matter what I did, they could still sound harsh at higher levels in this tiny room.

Since I cannot relocate my entire system to a much larger room where the horns can breath, I've put them in protective storage for the time being and bought a pair of much smaller Athena Technologies AS-F2 floorstanding 2-way towers. Their 1" Teteron man-made silk dome tweeters are a whole lot smoother in this room, therefor much more enjoyable. Sensitivity is 93dB @ 1W/1M so they're very capable at higher volumes with my 8 WPC 300B SE amp.

You may have noticed the carpet missing...last year Hurricane Jeanne partially flooded my room, ruining not only the carpet but also waterlogging the bottom of my computer desk and the walnut cadenza for my audio components. Due to technicalities my insurance won't cover the damages or the repairs; there's no sense in putting down new carpets or tiles until I can afford to have repairs made, and I'd hate for another torrenchial downpour to flood any new flooring, so I'm stuck with the ugly concrete foundation for now (maybe I'll paint it someday).
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member's Systems
Added by
jt1stcav
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata