sol7
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I managed to resolve a couple of other electrical and mechanical issues with it and this is the last outstanding problem. Part of the problem is that i can’t pinpoint the exact source of the spindle noise and i have to assemble the transport in order to test it.
    Yeah, same here, it is still a mystery. The key is to be patient and not do things that will break it, which is not a small feat given that the device is 30+ years old. Fortunately, this thing is built like a tank.
    I never got it fixed. I tried oiling the spindle, but that did nothing.
    I would certainly like to get your input before i dig in. I suspect that drive shaft and bearing are probably caked in dried lubricant and that is what triggers mechanical resonance. The plan so far is to remove the drive motor coils, spray the cleaner around the shaft/bearing, dry it with compressed air and then lube it with high quality oil for CD transports.
    One part i forgot to mention - the laser tracks fine and it does not halt/throw errors. The noise is pretty much the same. I don’t see any parts rubbing against each other.
    Hi I see a discussion thread you started in 2016 about a high pitched noise coming out of a Magnavox CD player. I have a MCD 7005 with a Philips transport (similar or identical design with Magnavox devices) that is experiencing a similar problem, but only on outer tracks when the CD rotation is slower. Can you please explain what was the root cause and what did you exactly do to fix it?

Thanks,

Vlad
    Brooklyn,NY
    Hi,

Are you still interested in University Model The Master Cabinets?
    I have a pair I may be interested in selling. I'm located in Pawling, NY.

Mark
    I never really got to drive the amp hard enough to test the relay for reliability. I had issues with relay circuit overheating a resistor.
    Hello sol7 , How did that relay replacement(Panasonic JW2ASN-DC24V) you used on the dbx Bx3 hold up ?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom