Stoffie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hoi Stoffie,

Ik heb een vraag over je Sony ps-x800. Ik begrijp dat jij die ergens hebt laten repareren. Waar heb je dat late. Doen als ik dat mag vragen? Ik ben ook op zoek naar iemand die daar ervaring mee heeft. Tot nu toe heb ik alleen dpaudio in Enschede gevonden.
    Wat is jouw ervaring?

Gr

Harold
    hoi..is ook een hele goede tuner! Vind het wel leuk er 2 te hebben...affijn de TA-E8450 kwam ook al bij dezelfde verkoper vandaan...die zijn hele huis vol heeft staan...ontzettend veel weet..en in de financiele shit zit na scheiding helaas.
    Heeft ook de TAE-900 staan met monoblokken etc. etc.
    hoi..1 van de twee doet het nu helemaal qua display....hebben jaren stilgestaan...geen krasje op de kast. Mooie tuners hoor...en klinken ook echt geweldig..ben er blij mee.
    Hi Stoffie,
    I also have Sony TA-N7 and my question is it should run hot when playing? Mine is not hot at all, I can say a little bit warm. Is it OK or I should do something? Thanks in advance. Pepichek.
    Hi guys, had not noticed these postings (there is no notification, and I don't look at my own profile all that much)...

Thanks for the compliments! It's a pleasure to know you guys !

Guess I'm a bit of a lone dude as well here, mostly posting about good Sony stuff (which is hard enough as it is), but I do lurk daily and read many posts on a daily basis. Don't feel the need to post about everything.

Interesting idea about trading music Lorne, but getting to a post office is mostly problematic for me, time wise and work wise, but we might give it a shot ? I'm into all kinds of music, even J-Pop ;)
    Not exactly buying much on cd either, I have been buying mostly vinyl.

Well catch y'all here on AK sometime :D
    Thanks for the invitation, Kristof. Like theophile, I tend to be a sort of lone wolf on AK, and I waunder from forum to forum as my interests and projects change and morph. It's great to have a solid friend all the way around the other side of the world in Belgium.

AK is not the only forum I belong to — although it is the only one I pay a subscription for. I am strieb over at Audio Karma where I sometimes hang out on the Curio Audio sponsored forum, Dynaco Doctor. And I couldn't resist joining DIY Audio, but I don't contribute much there. I used to belong to the Tuner Information Center forum, and I am credited with supplying some info they requested about Japanese models. I unsubscribed 'cuz I just don't have the time really. In fact, I sometimes just get lost from AK. When my teaching gets exhausting and the semester is peaking, I just don't have the energy or time for audio. But at the moment we are on the semester break and I am at the bench and listening again.

Say, Kristof, one of my latest projects is a Sony ST-5150 tuner. I changed out all the electrolytic caps and many of the film types to. I reflowed some solder and cleaned it up nicely. It sure has a lovely sound, but I am considering getting it aligned because I sometimes archive selections from broadcasts on a good cassette recorder. FM here in Japan is sparse — only two or three licenses per area out in the provinces. Most of this limited FM band pumps out garbage, but when the NHK gets it right, the product can be excellent, and I can see the transmission tower from my house.

Which brings me to my next thing — why don't you, me and your other friends consider trading CD burns through the mails. I spend so much time, and what little cash I have on parts and supplies. Software never gets enough attention. Besides, I am in a place that is flooded with J-Pops, the most boring music genre ever conceived. Other stuff is around, but it is commercial and expensive.

I like many kinds of music: blues, Baroque, classical, ethnic, rock, folk, traditional blah blah ... but sorry ... not hip-hop and it's cousins. I love African music. In the heyday of vinyl, you could often rely on movie score recordings to be poor, dull recordings. But, these days are different and some great soundtrack music can be found in Redbook form.

I use vinyl, but my collection is not large and I've not added much to it recently. I'm still into Redbook and have not gone to the new formats — and I don't expect to soon. I'm using an old Yamaha CDX 1020 (a domestic version) whcih I sometimes pair up with a Monica II DAC. The Yammy is a marvelous player — despite its age. There is a big thread on the CDX models.

Well, nice to hear from you. Keep 'em spinning, and best regards — Lorne
    Hey Stoffie,
    I'm flattered.Although I'm not anti-social,I tend to be a lone wolf.AK is a great meeting-place for those of us who like their music reproduction to be a notch or two better than the average.I owe a debt to the many posters on AK who have opened my eyes to some wonderful sounding components.
    What we have in common is a thirst for information about components which were top-notch in their day(and not too shabby still,today).They are getting more popular,but there are still a lot which fly under the radar.
    Anyway Stoffie it's a pleasure to 'befriend you',and an honour.
    Feel free to PM me anytime you wish.Keep looking for those gorgeous Sonys,and stay well.
    Steve Howard.
    Hi Kristof,
    Playing with the new AK software
    and its good to have friends thousands of miles away!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom