Recent content by 1970's Fan

1. 1970's Fan

How much to spend on cables?

The funniest thing about this is my system only amounts to about £1100. I read on a Google article that comes onto my iPad, that you should spend about 10 - 15% of your system’s total cost on cables. My interconnects are no more than £50 each cable. My speaker wire is 14 gauge (I think) wire...
  2. 1970's Fan

How much to spend on cables?

Gosh it’s been ages since I’ve been here! When we’re told to spend 15% of our system’s value on cables, does that mean on each cable or pair of cables, or on all system cables combined?
  3. 1970's Fan

Happy Birthday 1970's Fan!

Aww :beerchug: Thanks very much for your good wishes guys! I’ll be getting my state pension now I’m 66. I know what you’re thinkin’ “you’re too pretty to be that old” :rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:
  4. 1970's Fan

Judith Durham, Australian singer and vocalist of The Seekers, dies at 79

She was one of my favourite singers in the 60s. I’ve got this album.
  5. 1970's Fan

End of an Era: Queen Elizabeth II dead at 96.

I am absolutely gutted. It’s going to take a good while to sink in. I loved Queen Elizabeth II so much more in the last decade or so. It still doesn’t seem real. I’m weeping like she was my mother instead of The Queen. Thank you guys for the lovely words.
  6. 1970's Fan

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Sad music but so exquisite!
  7. 1970's Fan

The unusual thing about these 3 records is that if you turn over side 1, you don’t see side 2 but side 6. The other side of 2 is side 5 but side 3 turned over has side 4. Strange but true. The music is slower than some other versions but I prefer it like that. Such fantastic music shouldn’t be...
  8. 1970's Fan

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Hi Superjazzyja, I’m not sure how to use the conversation thing, so incase those don’t show up on alerts, I’ve sent you a conversation message.
  9. 1970's Fan

Very nice vintage hifi equipment :music::beerchug:
  10. 1970's Fan

Y’know what’s really annoying? Going onto Amazon and seeing a great LP Record but it says “Currently Unavailable “ :mad::dunno:. So many things like that.
  11. 1970's Fan

I just checked and realised I have the CD. No wonder it sounded familiar :rflmao:.
  12. 1970's Fan

Concierto De Aranjuez is a favourite of mine and this, so far, is the best I’ve heard.
  13. 1970's Fan

I’m not a fan of Iron Maiden, but that turntable? Niiice! :beerchug:
Back
Top Bottom