Recent content by 20Hz

1. 20Hz

classic mcintosh preamp- no service needed if it's 'working'?

haha I know, want to drop by to help? I just had a knee replacement so this should be interesting..
  2. 20Hz

great looking piece - classic but not super dated to my eyes at least, switchgear feels amazing, sounds fantastic (aside from aforementioned issues) Loooove..
  3. 20Hz

fair enough, thanks! It sounds amazing, but definitely has a few problems (output seems out of balance- left channel is stronger than right, and there's crosstalk on the inputs) soI'll send it to audio classics to have those addressed. It's such a nice piece though, even with the issues it has...
  4. 20Hz

So I am finally getting some mac gear after 20 years of it hanging around in the back of my mind as a 'someday' thing, and I bought a C-33 based on the love it gets here and everywhere. Anyway, I called audioclassics to see what they would recommend as far as a tune up/check out (assuming it...
  5. 20Hz

AND YOUR SUGGESTION FOR BEST SPEAKER REPLACMENT IS ?

haha how did you end up with both of those in your house? Or are you (looking to be) a distributor? I would take you up on the kind offer but I'm already sold. Would love to hear the quintet horns though.
  6. 20Hz

AND YOUR SUGGESTION FOR BEST SPEAKER REPLACMENT IS ?

I'm selling a bunch of stuff to fund the Trios. I love the modular design, the large driver+high efficiency, the whole idea behind their concept works for me. And the sheer volume of reviews from heavy hitters with experience with speakers in the $10-50,000+ range makes these a no-brainer at the...
  7. 20Hz

Cornwall midrange udgrade needed

weird. But yes, speakers are very personal (much like motorcylces :)). I just sold some ESS AMT 3s which people rave about but in my house with my front end the Cornwalls wiped the floor with them.
  8. 20Hz

These followed me home today

meh. Iisten to them for a while. See what you think. Maybe give Bob Crites a call. His upgraded xovers (he doesn't radically redesign them) are very reasonable.
  9. 20Hz

Cornwall midrange udgrade needed

I'm with those saying try a new amp. My Cornwalls (1979) sound amazing. I had a Rogue cronos magnum (100w/side) and now a SLI80, but I tried them out with my Sansui Au-505 (30w/side) when I bought them and they sounded wonderful. They don't lack in mid/high frequencies. Have you opened them to...
  10. 20Hz

Tell me all the bad things about Cornwalls..

yep, sorry if that wasn't clear.
  11. 20Hz

I like the Crites crossovers. Bob is a good guy. He also included the gaskets for the midrange driver-horn, which was nice of him. like a buck a piece and he pointed out that they get dried out after 40yrs and should be replaced while I'm in there. I wouldn't say the change was jaw dropping or...
  12. 20Hz

Pioneer Fan with incomplete setup

you're in for a treat. Series 20 stuff is good. The m-22 is a musical beast.
  13. 20Hz

Honestly the only bad thing I’ve found so far is that they’re so efficient they will highlight any noise in your chain (if you’ve got a quiet listening area and care about background noise, hum, tube rush etc) I’ve got a set of Bob Crites’ B-2 crossovers that I’m waiting to put in but I’m now...
  14. 20Hz

Thanks man. I dig your space too. Guitars hanging on wood walls never hurts.
Back
Top Bottom