naderpe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Not sure if I posted this correctly or not , so dropping it in here a second time. Unfortunately I created a problem for myself. I had sketched out where all the connections that I desoldered ran between boards, etc. Here's my open issue - I need to confirm where yellow wire # 17 from F-2653 selector board runs to on F-2655 board. I blew it on my sketch. I think it leaves that board on the wiring diagram as a "C" designator that ends up running to board F-2655 Dolby Board but I can't locate what looks like it should be pin or thru hole 701 to connect it to. On the other wire # 18 orange conductor running from the F-2653 selector board, I show it should end up on the F-2654 push button switch board at thru hole 710 if I have it right. Can't believe I botched this up, losing my edge here. So, my issue is the two wires #17(yellow)and #18(orange) routing from the F-2653 selector board to wherever they're actually supposed to end up.
    Thx much. Unfortunately I created a problem for myself. I had sketched out where all the connections that I desoldered ran between boards, etc. Here's my open issue - I need to confirm where yellow wire # 17 from F-2653 selector board runs to on F-2655 board. I blew it on my sketch. I think it leaves that board on the wiring diagram as a "C" designator that ends up running to board F-2655 Dolby Board but I can't locate what looks like it should be pin or thru hole 701 to connect it to. On the other wire # 18 orange conductor running from the F-2653 selector board, I show it should end up on the F-2654 push button switch board at thru hole 710 if I have it right. Can't believe I botched this up, losing my edge here. So, my issue is the two wires #17(yellow)and #18(orange) routing from the F-2653 selector board to wherever they're actually supposed to end up.
    Incredible you offered up that shot of the 8080DB board pass throughs; thank you. Saving me a ton of work to identify those spots. Any opinion on whether I can get away by just touching up some spots on some that look fine versus pinning the pass throughs on all of them? Obviously a lot of work to get this bugger out, so short cuts have some risk but I already see some them just look awful as far as solder flow on the original board mfg process. I used to sell vapor phase reflow soldering systems ( boils inert fluid at 425 F) which would really be perfect to drop this whole assembly in and try a reflow if I had access to one! Thanks much for your help
    Peter - Did you snag that 9090DB off C'list for $50? I knew it looked too good to be true.
    I do... wondering if U could help me with bias and DC offset??? at your convince of course I'm on the southwest side of Chicago just asking ot do U know someone that could don't wanna butcher my 9090db
    Yup, just checked, Panasonic doesn’t make anything close to 12000uf 80v. In fact FM only goes up to 50v at 1000uf and FC series not much bigger. I do use both in restorations because they are good caps though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom