Recent content by 300b4me

1. 300b4me

More Fun With Magnavox: The 9300 Series

Hello, I made this amp several years ago to a hybrid spec. -with the input buffer stage but with the stock output transformers. I have been wanting take the amp to the full Monty but have not been able to find a pair of Z-565 output transformers (dynakitparts.com and triode have been out of...
  2. 300b4me

Parts and Pieces: A True ARC Mystery

Great work on the bottom plate BuzzK! Definitely a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:
  3. 300b4me

Blueglow 2020 Amp Build Ideas

Howdy Mark' My vote is for the high end 300b amp. And since were going all out it might as well be a mono block design. I am really interested in seeing the circuit for using the 310A driver. Oh yes and one more item on my wish list is to use a vacuum tube rectifier!:thumbsup:
  4. 300b4me

Kegger/blueglow kt88 project

Problem is there is no resistor. At least I don't see one that is in series with the LED's.
  5. 300b4me

Hello, Looking at your pictures I see you have 2 LED's for each cathode on the 9 pin tube. Also I don't see the 180 ohm resister that should be in series with the LED's and connect to ground.
  6. 300b4me

The "Members Only" Riaa Tube preamp. Gets a walnut cabinet)

Also where did you source the transformer "cans " for potting the transformers? Thanks
  7. 300b4me

The "Members Only" Riaa Tube preamp. Gets a walnut cabinet)

Looks really great! Nice job all around! Do you plan on posting a schematic?
  8. 300b4me

Hello, Thanks for the complement! I built the chassis during my off hours at work. We always have leftover material from different tooling projects and just happened to have some 10" by 2" tall extruded 6061 aluminum that was about to be sent to the recycler. It was a lot of work but I really...
  9. 300b4me

Hi nomrah I watched Mark's videos on tube amp basics a few months back and made some notes. besides the heater/filament at 18ga., he also recommends 20ga. for the power supply,22-24 gauge for the audio path-input. If you choose to do a ground bus instead of the terminal strips he recommends...
  10. 300b4me

Hi RU thanks for the complement! For the coupling caps we used Miflex KPCU-01 Copper/paper in oil. We bought ours from Sonic Craft in Texas. They have the .22 mfd. caps for $16.64. I think a few others on Audiokarma have used those and are liking what they are hearing. I think part of the...
  11. 300b4me

He recommends 18 gauge for the filament wires. The PTFE insulator is very thin so it makes the wire look like a smaller gauge than with regular insulated wire.
  12. 300b4me

What can be made with these Triad potted OPT's choice of 10K or 2.5K input impedance

Thanks again zackthedog. I will get some of those on order. Psst. caught the link before it was deleted.;)
  13. 300b4me

Also I wanted to report back on our buzzing Edcor power transformer. My son and I installed some wedge type shims between the bobbin and frame of the transformer and that has helped. I think we will live with this a while before deciding if we should give a Hammond transformer a go. Also we...
  14. 300b4me

Here is a schematic from one of the Kegger KT88 threads. It shows a 120 k across the input to ground on this version with the 3K resistor going from the input to the grid.
  15. 300b4me

What can be made with these Triad potted OPT's choice of 10K or 2.5K input impedance

Thanks everyone for all the input. I really like the Dunham-Williamson circuit outlined in the attached article from post #6. Thanks again Zackthedog! I have been wanting to do a build with 807's and now here it is! Not only are the NOS 807's still affordable but the 5V4G rectifiers are as...
Back
Top Bottom