Recent content by 306Prairie

1. 306Prairie

B&W 801 Series 80

Sat down for some lunch and saw the rules post, i clearly broke a few of them. My apologies .
  2. 306Prairie

Platter stuck

Had tried all of these already, even the screwdriver trick...but ended up trying again using a pair of vice grips (hammer outside in the garage) to tap on the spindle while pulling up on the platter. I layered a cloth over the spindle to soften the blows and metal on metal, after a few more...
  3. 306Prairie

Platter stuck

Evening folks, I am heading on a road trip tomorrow to retrieve a receiver I had rebuilt, and figured while I am at it i will take my turntable with the have the tech look over. It is a JVC QL Y66F, lovely looking table that has always served me well. RCA cables need replacing though so I want...
  4. 306Prairie

Odyssey - Made in Canada

Recently came across a pair of Odyssey Module II speajers, was a little intrigued and had to pick them up. I've always been a fan of Canadian speakers and have never heard of Odyssesy before not could I find any information on them. They are a triangle shape similar to my Time Windows I sold...
  5. 306Prairie

Altec 14

Thanks for the suggestions, I had the speakers refoamed, have never done it before and figured this is not the set to start with...so I would assume everything is hooked up and sealed properly. I have also noticed when I play at loud levels the right speaker's protection kicks in and quiets...
  6. 306Prairie

Altec 14

A while back I managed to snag a pair of Altec 14's, they were needing a little work but came with a price I couldn't resist so a very quick drive about 20 minutes away and they were mine! Fast forward a few months to having the woofers refoamed and sanding/oiling the cabinets, I now have them...
  7. 306Prairie

What's your latest audio purchase?

JBL Jubals and a Pioneer SX-1010, but not even a week before that a pair of Altec 14s! Can't even describe how excited I am to get these running. Had a set of Santana II's which I sold and have missed ever since, the Altecs seems to have made a big impression on me.
  8. 306Prairie

Turntable price vs quality

Happened across one of the faux marble Kenwoods tonight, KA-5070. Paid 100$, is that a good deal? I've heard of them before but never seen one, figured I would bite...seems to be in great shape.
  9. 306Prairie

HPM-100s local $600. Worth It?

In my opinion it means they hit hard. The bass has a nice strong punch to it, and these have a pretty decent high end although pretty shrill. I guess it just means they play well loud.
  10. 306Prairie

HPM-100s local $600. Worth It?

Those sell like hotcakes in this area, I've seen them listed from 500-800$ and within a day they're sold. I have a pair in the garage and they pound!
  11. 306Prairie

Cheapskate long exposures - the welding glass filter

Over a year later but this is cool. I'm going to have to try this!
  12. 306Prairie

4th cartridge says ADC.
  13. 306Prairie

Thanks for the replies, I had never thought about a wall mount, that's definitely worth a shot. As far as kids not walking on the walls, you've obviously never met my girls haha. Our dance parties get pretty intense.... I suppose to test properly as you noted I should be transferring my...
  14. 306Prairie

Well values first on above turntables so I can form my own opinion on quality vs cost. Secondly, others opinions with gear they've owned, perhaps something that wasn't particularly valuable but was better than most in performance.
  15. 306Prairie

DCM TimeWindow Seven

Very nice, never even heard of these! I have a pair of TF1000s as well as TW1's but haven't come across any information on these, glad the stars aligned for you. The TW1 doesn't sound right to me, more like just a rock speaker with little soundstage compared to the 1000s. Might start my own...
Back
Top Bottom