Recent content by 363watt

1. 363watt

Definitive Powerfield 1500 volume control mod

I am considering a remote control mod for my home theater sub-woofer. The reason for this is my Yamaha RX-V2600 receiver subwoofer menu is not easily accessible due to onscreen interface only. So I was thinking about a few options to quickly control the sub level. I've seen some remote...
  2. 363watt

Dust cap sealing

I never said they were wrong, Great design! I have owned and worked on over 30 pairs of AR and and other acoustic suspension (sealed) speakers. Many of them from new. This was the way they functioned from the factory all the way up until the foam rotted. KLH had a bulletin to recoat woofer...
  3. 363watt

Dust cap sealing

Update I used a pair Cobb surrounds to refoam a set of 8" and 12" AR woofers today. I know I know 11"........LOL Dark Charcoal Boston Acoustic fillet style.It developed good vacuum using the mityvac so I went forward with the install. With the dust cap off the return was instant, after taping a...
  4. 363watt

10 inch AR Foam Surround Replacements leak

Just swapped a set of woofers I did a while back that I have confirmed sealed surround and dust cap. DEEPER BASS!!!! More to come........
  5. 363watt

You're welcome roadrunnerx. I've owned ported speaker too, HPM, Infinity SM....they hold tight when the port is blocked. The surround and dust cap must be sealed for proper function. I will get to the bottom of this mystery and share my findings.
  6. 363watt

Dust cap sealing

The 8 and 10 inch woofers have that cardboard cap you speak of but I’ve yet to see it on the 12 inch AR woofer. These should be considered the two primary sources of the non-sealed result. Porous dust cap and foam surround. It has been hit or miss with the suppliers of foam surround for me in...
  7. 363watt

Thanks for your input moebuster. Please provide a source of these surrounds.
  8. 363watt

I have performed a number of tests tonight on the surround surface of many of my drivers. I used a mityvac automotive tool touching the surface squarely. The ones that give a reasonably slow return developed and even held some vacuum and the ones that have fast return did not. These surrounds...
  9. 363watt

Dust cap sealing

Really like all the conversation on the subject. I have performed a number of tests tonight on the surround surface of many of my drivers. I used a mityvac automotive tool touching the surface squarely. The ones that give a reasonably slow return developed and even held some vacuum and the ones...
  10. 363watt

I have purchased foam surrounds from various ebay seller over the past 2 years. I have found most of my 8 and 12 inch surround replacements give acceptable acoustic suspension performance. None of my 10 replacement seal. I have performed many tests including using a stethoscope with the hose at...
  11. 363watt

Dust cap sealing

Many of my surround replacements did not include removing the OEM cap. These woofers have good acoustic suspension test results. (slow woofer return) Other woofers I own that were re-surrounded with non-OEM dust caps have poor acoustic suspension test results. (fast return from fully pushed...
  12. 363watt

OP AMP need for Carver

I have a carver M4.0 that I suspect needs a replacement OP amp. Can I substitute a 5218A for the existing 4558CP? Thanks and Merry Christmas!
  13. 363watt

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

Thanks, that's what I been rigging up. How much past the resistor spec wattage can they be driven? 10% 20% thanks again!
  14. 363watt

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

I want to be able to measure watts per channel and wondered if someone could list out what I needed to complete this task. Ranges of amplifiers are 250 to 550 wpc @ 4 ohms I have a fluke 192 2 channel scope to start. Thanks for any suggestions.
  15. 363watt

Sony NEC transistor 2SB1094

With great joy I have repaired my Sony preamp with the transistor you recommended. Thank you oilmaster!
Back
Top Bottom