lini
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Mr. Lini! May I ask for your help? I have a problem with my ATN150Ea. It is in generally okay condition, the stylus tip is present and the beryllium cantilever is straight. I saw your post on the compliance screw and it fixed the suspension problem. HOWEVER I got a problem with the volume. It sounds quieter than my ATN120E stylus. I may have touched the small magnets on the stylus with my magnetic screw driver.
    I've wondered for a couple years or more now and am thinking that you may know. Do you know what happened to Howard "Hakaplan"? He seems to have disappeared. I enjoyed his posts and knowledge as I do your knowledge and Dual expertise.
    Lini, I wanted to thank you for all of the great advice and the recommendation of how to build the AT44MLB for the T4P on my technics slma1. It sounds fantastic and I really love it. Best of all, the one I purchased included the cart that way when I put my 1200 MK5 back in service, I can slap it on there!
    Lini. I just purchased a 622 what do you think about this model. I still haven't received it and was curious to know if it was as solidly built as a 604. Basically I wanted to know if this TT is worth investing in.
    Hi. Seems like you know a lot about turntables. Can you suggest what i should look for when buying my first turntable? Any brands you recommend? What would be the resonable price for turntable? Entry-level (at the high end)?
    I am in trouble with 2 dual tt and answers not satisfying in forum, could you please pm me ? Thank you
    lini
    lini
    I'd suggest to start an own thread instead.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
    Love the Wizards avatar. I use that same image for a lot of forums.
    lini
    lini
    Thanks. So I guess we can concgratulate each other on our good taste. ;)

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
    freqazoidiac
    freqazoidiac
    especially good taste as it's a direct nod to Bode and Cheech Wizard!
    Hi Manfred,

Many thanks for your help on my AT70 thread this week, much appreciated.

Would you mind confirming the idea I have for the best match for my turntable:

Pioneer PL-12D turntable with AT70 cartridge (originally MT-30 from Hitachi turntable).

Either an original Audio Technica ATN70 (yellow, 2g, conical) or an ATN71E (green, 2g, elliptical).

Many thanks,

Martin
    I have a Technics Sl-M3 turntable and one of the cartridges is a Audio Technica AT322EP. I have all the specs on it...and even bought the appropriate preamp to use it on since it is low output .4MV. It sounded great, and since then, it has been in storage along with the turntable. Times have forced me to consider selling it and I was wondering what you thought the value of the 322 would be.

I just have never come across one for sale...so while I know they are rare, I don't know the value...may just ebay it...

Thanks.
    Hallo Manfred,
    Sorry to disturb you, I've a few questions concerning a TD-105.
    I've read some of your posts on different TT, Dual, Thorens, etc...
    You mentioned in one of your post that the TD-105 was in fact a very good turntable, a sleeper, somewhat similar to the 14x, 16x family type Thorens.
    One area of concern to you was, the phono cables.
    Can you please elaborate on that, reason be, I'm now looking to buy one with a Shure V15 type IV cartridge.
    According to the seller, it's in mint condition, although I will be the judge of that if I decide to buy it.
    Before I commit to see it, I would like your take on these phono cables.
    I collect all makes of TTs, including Thorens. I already have a few of them and find them very good.
    My question is, should I bother with this entry level Thorens ?

Price asked is, 200.00$ CAD (132€) although it might be a bit lower.
    Regards and thank you for your input

André
    Hi Lini

A few weeks back you suggested an at110e as a good replacement stylus for my dual 505-1's TKS 232e. I Just acquired an Orftofon FF15xe cart and stylus for free and was wondering what you thought of this combination and whether I'd still be better off with the at110e as you already suggested. As previously stated, I love the sound of the 232e. Thanks in advance.

Jon
    Hi Lini,

I am Sachin's friend N.Muralidharan from Chennai, India. Recently I purchased a AT13Ea Cart from Japan. Can you suggest a good replacement stylii which I want to keep as spare. Will 13Eax from LPTunes.com be good, or the stylus from JICO a good replacement.

Pl suggest.

Thanks in advance,

with regards,

N.Murali
    Hi Manfred, I've tried to send you a PM, but noticed your inbox is full. Could you PM me with an email address or something like that?

Thanks!
    -Jeff
    Hi Lini.

I have noticed that the azimuth on my Dual cs 607 (with the tks 55e) doesn't appear to be 90 degrees perpendicular to the record. Looks more like 70-80, leaning outwards. Should I try to stick a shim in there to correct this, or just trust the factory intended settings?

Thank you for any help provided.

James
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom