Recent content by 365nut

1. 3

Volume Control

Wiggled wires between level control and balance control, that is.
  2. 3

Volume Control

Found the problem: bad solder joint on the balance control. I diagnosed the problem by "wiggling" wires between the balance control and balance control with a wooden ice cream stick with the amp on and playing (one hand in pocket). When my stick hit the right wire, the loud volume stopped...
  3. 3

Volume Control

Appreciate everybody's replies. Will further diagnose & see what happens. This does appear to be a volume control--even though designated a loudness control. This is a pretty difficult amplifier (actually an integrated amplifier) signal trace in. Pretty complicated but do have the schematic.
  4. 3

Volume Control

Scott 299 preamp. Turn Loudness control down to lowest setting but volume stays at high level. How do I diagnose? What do I look for?
  5. 3

Scott 130 preamplifier

After a lot of tinkering around, the "cure" seems to be a missing connection between the Channel B terminal on the Selector Switch and a terminal on the Loudness-Volume Switch. My final output signals on both Channels A & B are strong and equal on the scope. The sound is great. I'm going to...
  6. 3

Scott 130 preamplifier

Thanks for all the comments. Very much appreciated. I have a Sams schematic & a Scott schematic. They do differ which, as I understand it, is not unusual. The Sams' has a parts list. The Scott does not.
  7. 3

Scott 130 preamplifier

Working on a Scott 130 preamplifier. Main issue is very low signal on Channel B. Have traced good signal to the 2nd amplifier stage (Pin 7 of 12AU7 grid) but after that lies the problem. Have questions on attached schematic –notes 1 & 2 with yellow circles. Note 1 – C27 is shown on Channel...
  8. 3

Uneven Balance - Scott 130 Preamplifier

I appreciate your post. I What you say makes a lot of sense. I have suspected the switch but these rotating switches are very difficult to access to clean adequately. I will follow up with your suggestions as best I can. Thanks.
  9. 3

When switched to mono mode, the balance is perfect which I assume means the balance switch & circuit are working properly.
  10. 3

Also would note, using signal tracer have traced equal signals to both Channel AF amp 12AU7s. So problem obviously is beyond that stage.
  11. 3

Thanks, will give that a shot.
  12. 3

Out of commission at the moment. Thanks.
  13. 3

Feel kind of stupid on this one. After completely re-capping, re-tubing bad tubes, cleaning tube sockets and controls on this Scott 130, find I have uneven balance with balance control in center position--one channel substantially louder than the other. When I reverse the output channels with...
  14. 3

Sherwood S-1060 Amplifier Restoration

Gadget, Again, very much appreciate your willingness to provide expertise. Under stand the "dangers" of high voltages associated with OPTs. I'll be going on vacation until July 9 and will get back on this project after return. Will keep you informed. Thanks again.
Back
Top Bottom