bohhey
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi!
    I have a dual 1219 with the infamous single multi switch guide on the bottom of the tonearm gimbal that is broken. You mentioned in a thread some 5 years ago you were working on a different way of fixing this, did you end up finding a solution and do you offer this as a part or a repair service ?
    Thank you
    bohhey
    bohhey
    We can fix it. That broken part is now being made out of metal on a 3-D printer. Not cheap - a $165.00 repair on top of the normal $175.00 rebuild cost, plus freight.
    D
    depaj
    Hi!
    That's more than I'm able to put into it for know (I saw the amount of work it is to do this so your price seems very fair). I'll keep looking to see if I find a part that is still intact but keep your contact in case.
    Thank you
    Hi. I have a Dual 1219 Turntable that I am trying to replace cables on. I found out it was super easy to replace the audio cable since the RCA jack is inside the box. I forgot to write down the numbers of the pins that the ac power cord went to. I cannot find exact information on the wiring color codes anywhere. I understand that the turntable was made in Germany. There is a 4-pin molex connector that connects to the board that has 7 pins. Only #3-green, #4-white, #6-orange, and #7-black have wires from the motor connected. The molex connector only fits over the first 4 pins. Which wire is hot, neutral, and ground? What is the 4th? What are the unused pins used for? Why are there wires connected to pins that do not connect to the molex connector? Can I install a 3-wire ac power cord with a ground wire? I took some pictures that I posted on Dropbox. Can you help me? Thank-you.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dphamzb37pg4jmr/AACiR35DZJ3Is8K52e2SASB0a?dl=0
    Hi,

I saw you have mentioned that you sell dust covers. Do you have other parts as well ? I started restoring a Dual 704 and in need of some parts for that. Also I have my Dual 621 which I use for playing at home. Planning to start refurbishing that after the 704 is done with.

Please let me know if u have parts for both of these...

Cheers :)
    Bill

I've put a post on the Dual 1229 thread - if you've still got any of the neon strobe lamps I would love to get hold of one

Many thanks

Tony Wheal
    Hello,

I was wondering if you could possibly offer some advice on my Dual 1216? The motor is inconsistent lately after about a year of no use. I find that if I turn it on it sometimes doesn't respond (no humming/vibrating - nothing happens at all). Then I may come back 5 minutes later and it will start running. I took it out of the case after it stopped responding again the next day. The motor had power going to it but wasn't responding; I tapped the motor with a screwdriver and it started running.

Any advice/suggestions?
    Thanks very much for your time,
    Sam
    Hi There! I'm new to this forum, but as I have made my way through some of these posts, I see that you get a bunch of respect for what you do with turntables. I recently purchased a Dual 1219 that will need some TLC, I'm sure. While that is a story in itself, my main question for you is whether or not you know of any blueprints for a DIY plinth for this model. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I'd be more than happy to send you a small fixit consulting fee. I can't afford much, as I am a musician for a living, but I'd be as generous as my wallet lets me.
    Hi, again. sorry, I'm sure your knowledge is in high demand? my motor seems to be a little "tired" as well. it takes a little time for it to get up to speed, and sometimes i need to manually help it along. new belt? or motor? i'm north of Green Bay Wisconsin. where are you? maybe some way to just have you make this thing good as new? or if you're too far away, I'd greatly appreciate advice, as I do like to tinker myself.
    thank you.
    Hi, I've been referred to you by a few AK members. I'm new here, but I recently fell into a wonderfull system very cheap. and of course the TT i got is Dual cs-521.
    I already fixed the auto start/stop by making a steuerpimpel from a pen tube. but now the only issue I have is the pitch. it is spinning just a hair fast/sharp. the pitch dial has the little belt with gears n place and it spins. from what i see...there is only one spring on the brass lever. is there supposed to be another spring pulling the lever in the opposite direction? to balance it where you set it?
    Hi, I have headshell TK15, that is missing S/M knob. You mentioned somewhere in this forum, that you managed to repair it. I could not find it yet.
    The lever stays in the start position until it has fully cycled. You can rotate the platter manually until it releases.

Move your speed selector up and down - try playing it at different speeds. It needs to be in the detent stop at each speed, or the platter won't rotate.

Bill
    bill-- several years ago, i sent you a 1216 for rejuvenation. i used it for awhile, then set it aside. now going to sell to a friend, and when checking it out this AM i discovered that when i move Start/Stop lever to Start, platter won't move and lever stays stuck. before i go ham handing around in there, i wonder if you have some recommends?

jim dolan
    Hey Bill,
    Thanks for your assistance on the phone today re: my "stuck" 1229Q. You taught me a valuable lesson doing the manual start (and also to never "force" any of the levers).

Here is the picture of the brush I would use to lightly brush off the stylus per your maintenance suggestion. The bristles are as soft like hair.

Thanks again for taking my call.
    Happy Holidays and Warm regards
    Brad Shefmire
    Huntington Beach, CA

Sent you a note several weeks ago about my PE 2020. Have any experience working on these? If so, what would you charge to adjust everything and get in top operating condition?
    Hi Bill,

I just bought a PE 2020 off of CL. It's in really nice condition and was working fine. Now when I use the automatic mode, the platter spins, but the tonearm doesn't budge. And when I use the manual lift and drop switches, the tonearm only stays on the record for a moment or two before picking up and trying to return to the rest (it only makes it part way). Any thoughts?
    I own a Dual 1225 and it's got some minor issues. It only starts and stops manually, the start/stop lever spins with no grab, and won't return at the end of a play. I guess for it's age it could use a good going-over. Is there anything I can try myself before I send it to you as a last resort? It plays ok but I would like for it to benefit from your pro service. You won't see it till this time next month (when funds become available), so I thought I'd contact you for advice. Thank you for your time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom