Recent content by Chorus1fan

1. Chorus1fan

Klipsch Pro Heresy recorded as Female Lead Vocal

Best song on that CD is "Sweet Jane", & it may even be better than Lou Reed's original version!
  2. Chorus1fan

howards

No, with Howards walnut. & I usually wipe the entire speaker. Then I re-apply only to the top as necessary (especially if it's lighter, & they frequently are, especially after sanding) But I've also treated sun lighted Klipsch with the same 50/50 technique. Many don't like Howards (& it's not...
  3. Chorus1fan

howards

I've had good luck mixing 50% Howards & 50% Minwax "Special Walnut". (dilutes the stain), let it absorb/dry, then repeat the process until it's just right But make sure it's Minwax "Special Walnut" (the rest are too dark)
  4. Chorus1fan

Snagged a pair of Chorus 1s

I may have lost something, but In my mind it was only "box distortion" (resonance) from being unbraced. I only braced right above & right below the 15" woofer opening (see pix, one upward, one downward) I used accoustic eggcrate sparingly, but only from the mid horn up. The walls parallel to &...
  5. Chorus1fan

All I know is what I hear... (& it's tighter, better, lower bass) I even played them side by side with 1 pair "modded" & I pair not done yet before I did the 2nd pair. I wanted to make sure before taking the time to repeat it... (it left no doubts, & I did repeat) With the right song & right...
  6. Chorus1fan

I tried & experimented with MANY things, & these are an almost exact fit (plus a few wraps of electrical tape to make it snug & airtight) Then I hot glued it after it was snug to keep it from shifting. Came from a craft store (in FL) called "Michaels"...
  7. Chorus1fan

The ports made a big difference. I never measured with a microphone, but I did an "unofficial" test using a test tone cd of bass notes in 1hz increments. They faded out around 45hz stock, but clearly hit a 39hz test tone loudly afterwards...
  8. Chorus1fan

I'd extend the front ports 6-7" & add a small amount of bracing. Don't overstuff/go wild with insulation b/c it can dull the bass. I've braced & "ported" 2 sets, & would do it again if I owned 3 sets :cool:
  9. Chorus1fan

Tangent T-4000 recabinet to SuperHeresy 2.0

I was stationed in Yokosuka, Japan 84-86, & being from Ark, I knew what Klipsch were. I bought a pair of black LaScalas at the AAFES exchange & used a Yamaha M-60 to power em. Then my barracks roomate bought the same setup! We'd haul them up to our hospital barracks rooftop (one big flat patio)...
  10. Chorus1fan

Installed Crites diaphragms on my KG 4.5

If they're reasonably priced, you might want to consider getting em. Some like the 4.2's even better than the 4.5's (no port, uses a passive). You can use the diaphragms in either one & re-sell the other.
  11. Chorus1fan

restoring a Heresy.

Try to lighten the dark spot with something before sanding. (Laquer thinner, etc,) Then hand sand the top lightly because the veneer is fairly thin. As for the stain, Minwax "special Walnut" is what I use. It's Oil based & a medium color (not too dark)
  12. Chorus1fan

Klipsch Modifications

Agreed. I traced the outline of the brace with a #2 pencil, & only sanded inside the lines (hard to see in the pics)
  13. Chorus1fan

Klipsch Modifications

Chorus 1 bracing & port mods :king: (did the same mods to two pairs of 1's)
  14. Chorus1fan

klipsch kg 4.5 re-finish advice

They are veneered. Rub on 2 coats of this oil based "special walnut" to make em look great. (regular walnut will darken them too much)
Back
Top Bottom