Recent content by 65W200

1. 6

Sylvania console model 55C36D-1 SS or Tube?

Long after the original post.... but this is a tube console [6bq5/12ax7]. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-6 wpc or so?.... Driver/mid/tweet speakers. I picked one up yesterday at a garage sale for $10. John
  2. 6

Dynaco A25 vs. KLH model 6

I own and currently use a pair of KLH Model 6s. They're hooked up to a single ended RH7591 amp and PAS2 preamp. I really enjoy the sound they give me.
  3. 6

KLH Model Four

Angel, Those are nice grilles you made. :thmbsp: Did you recycle the KLH badges from the original set? The pair I just bought didn't have the badges on them. Oh well.... :sigh: John
  4. 6

Western Electric 142A Amp Refurbishment

I finally had the chance to get this amp checked out by a local guy who restores and builds tube gear. He threw on a nice matched pair of glass 6L6s, added a preamp input [using a factory hole] and brought it up nice and slow. It sounds real nice. :thmbsp: I hooked it up with Dad's AA131...
  5. 6

KLH Model Four

Found this old thread and thought I'd add to it. I saw this pair of Model Four speakers at an antique mall for $30/pair tax included. As there wasn't a way to listen to them.... I gambled and bought them. The cabinets, although a bit scratched up, came back pretty nice with some Old English...
  6. 6

Cleaning tube pins/sockets

Maybe I'll pick up another set just so I know I'm starting with something clean. :thmbsp: John
  7. 6

Cleaning tube pins/sockets

For Tube Sockets.... I was wondering if anyone has tried a tip cleaner that is used for a oxy/acetylene torch tip? I thought it might be worth a try? Too aggressive maybe?.... This is what I use for my torch...
  8. 6

New Old PAS 2 Questions

I have a restored PAS2 in front of a restored ST70 and like it very much.:music:
  9. 6

Any Truth To This??

I have a Dynaco PAS2 in the works. When its done being refurbished, I'll likely run with it. John
  10. 6

Any Truth To This??

Recently, I was considering having someone build a 6L6 tube stereo amp for me. As I have no separate preamp, this person suggested using the preamp section from a receiver such as the Harman Kardon 630 or 930, as they have a Main In / Preamp Out feature. I've never heard of this and was...
  11. 6

Need help with Scott 350

Great looking 350. I had a local guy restore a 350 for me and just hooked it up with my Dynaco PAS2 / ST70 set up. Its a great tuner! I have a Sherwood S2000 mono tuner that was restored by the same guy which I picked up for $40.... Its definitely no slouch either! John
  12. 6

Vinyl only spin list

Picked up a nice clean copy of Chico Hamilton's "Ellington Suite" recently.... great LP!
  13. 6

Are Pioneer HPM-100 speakers concidered high end?

I just picked up a pair of the 200W version HPM 100s. They sound pretty decent. :thmbsp: They didn't set me back all that much $-wise..... I tried them out with Vivaldi's Four Seasons [CD] with a PAS2/ST70 system and wasn't disappointed at all....
  14. 6

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

Yeah.... I lucked out on this one. It is in pretty decent shape so I plan on getting it brought back up to snuff. :thmbsp: I've got a whole $3 into it so far.... :)
  15. 6

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

Picked this AR XA up at a church rummage sale a few weeks back.
Back
Top Bottom