Recent content by 70GTO

1. 70GTO

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

2. 70GTO

Cornwell identification

found tag b3 crossover, had no port shelf like normal cornwell so I added them. Bob Crites thanks again for the advice. Much brighter sound than JBL. Getting used to them. Anyone know specs of that generation Cornwell. 1983ish?
  3. 70GTO

Cornwell identification

well they sound unique compared to jbl. I moved them from tube amp to adcom. Freakishly loud with rock and roll but very clear with jazz at lower volume. I couldn't distort them, I think I could improve the sound with cab insulation and something with 4 ports on bottom. But I like them.
  4. 70GTO

Cornwell identification

Here are pictures. I see k33, k55m. K77. On components on cross over. 2133. 2304. Rke 1850. So what do you guys think?
  5. 70GTO

Cornwell identification

I will pull the driver/woofer out, do you have any pictures or numbers I should see on board to identify cross overs?
  6. 70GTO

Cornwell identification

I cannot find any cabinets like it in klipsch series. Similar but not exactly
  7. 70GTO

Cornwell identification

Not sure if the cabinets are replaced. Have cloth drivers . And rear terminal hook up say 1 & 2 ?. .. any ideas? Sound excellent.
  8. 70GTO

Fair price on Mcintosh MA 230

so the best of both worlds, some tubes some solid state.
  9. 70GTO

I would be trading up from fisher x202. So i am hesitant.
  10. 70GTO

Ok thanks . Just trying to balance ebay with reality
  11. 70GTO

Good shape, new caps in power supply.no cab but looks great without it
  12. 70GTO

Fisher x202b vs MA 230

Thanks for the info. Being new to tubes I was amazed at the difference compared to solid state. Even the fisher in stock form, sounds great. The 230 hybrid is under 1k and in great shape.
  13. 70GTO

Fisher x202b vs MA 230

Wondering if any fisher members ever compare this model with McIntosh 230? Fisher is getting update kit installed. 230 has rebuilt power supply and sounds sweet. Its affordable compared to higher end gear but looks like a good starter. Any thoughts?
  14. 70GTO

Cart misalignment or antiskate adjustment?

Pre echo, interesting...I have a few albums that have that rare option built in, one I know is a Led Zeppelin.
  15. 70GTO

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

Might want to service it, clean out old grease and dust from inside, I had that problem and fixed it with some love.
Back
Top Bottom