Recent content by 808_state

1. 808_state

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Fu Manchu - Go For It...Live! (2003/2023) Worldwide reissue I could listen to this album through an AM radio and still enjoy it but it sounds absolutely killer on vinyl.
  2. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

That one and Hajiki Uta both sound fabulous. I really appreciate that Teichiku treasures her catalog enough to provide top quality mastering to the Wewantsounds label. There is so much magic in the 60's & 70's Asian pops. Real drums and minimal to no sound processing. It's like hearing The Doors...
  3. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

She had me captivated from the first 30 seconds of hearing that voice. It's been a bit of an obsession ever since. I have original pressings of nearly all of her albums and the CD box that came out almost ten years ago. Just so glad they didn't mess up these reissues so far. Really hope they do...
  4. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

Rock me Asmodeus...not much for classical or jazz so probably no Mozart but plenty of UHQR's to try out. That is a very unassuming cart and can $100 even buy you a mousepad at Yodobashi? Interesting. Speaking of budget items, a French label recently started reissuing Meiko Kaji's albums. They...
  5. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

It's an experience for sure and definitely exceeded my expectations of not really knowing what to expect. I'm honestly not that familiar with the MC section of my C-4 and just for fun my next trick will be to finally try the HA-1 that Asmodeus recapped for me. Apparently both the 33ml and MC...
  6. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

Only a clip but you can hear it in action via cheapo cell phone ; )
  7. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

Actually one issue with this combo is that the SAEC tends to sit very high relative to the GT's platter with no means of lowering the arm base. So adding layers on top of the mat is really just to get the cart into that normal window and in this case to get it somewhat parallel with the platter...
  8. 808_state

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

In the end it's just geometry and so long as your cart is properly aligned to a proper template for your tables arm, you should be good. You can spend a lot of time chasing your tail with certain records when in fact it's just that the cut of your diamond doesn't get along well with the cut of...
  9. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

Some better shots: Was able to adjust VTA by adding another layer to the mat stack. That made a noticeable improvement in surface noise. Very punchy sound that fills the room.
  10. 808_state

Congrats on things moving along. I just setup an AT-33ml/occ on my 2000L and it sounds beautiful. Used a Vinyl Source protractor made for my SAEC WE-308 and dialing it in was pretty easy. Still need to play with VTA but loving it so far.
  11. 808_state

A GT-2000x saga...

Started noticing something was seriously off with my 2000L/SAEC WE-308/AT-160ml setup. Decided to try something else: AT-33ml/occ. Now we're singing. This particular record (Teresa Teng) had shown me the 160ml was having some sort of strange resonance in the lower end of the vocal mid-range...
  12. 808_state

Congrats on a safe arrival. The real gamble was the dustcover potentially getting crushed but thankfully you lucked out. That's where an extra layer of protective styrofoam and another box comes into play. I've worked with a shipper in Japan and thankfully they were teachable enough to get my...
  13. 808_state

Yamaha GT-2000 from Japan, or TD-125 locally?

Platter removed or no deal. No matter how secure they make it, it will jostle and move due to the violent movement of the box from one place to another. This will cause unseen damage. Additionally, unless they place a tow strap around the table and platter, there will be nothing to prevent it...
  14. 808_state

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

If I lived anywhere nearby I'd be making up any excuse I could think of to peruse your's and your buddy's treasure troves. I'd honestly like to hear all of those Sonys too. A friend of mine picked up a pair of FX-3's about a year ago but don't think he's even set them up yet.
  15. 808_state

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

All I could think was yup, that's the Yamaha sound I know and love. I think you could charge admission for that type of demo ; )
Back
Top Bottom