Recent content by AA6U

1. AA6U

Need Missing McIntosh C32 Integrated Circuits Equivalents

You might be able to make your own cables, but it would be a challenge. Good luck with it. Even with the cable kit, it was not easy.
  2. AA6U

Need Missing McIntosh C32 Integrated Circuits Equivalents

Here is a list of the capacitors and the service manual. You will also likely need to replace the ribbon cables. There used to be a seller on ebay that sold a cable kit for the C32. I don't know if he still does. Good luck!
  3. AA6U

Do Black Plate 6L6 Tubes Cause Red Plating in Mac Amps?

Glad to help! Enjoy!
  4. AA6U

A 12AU7 in that position will do it too. Glad you got it solved!
  5. AA6U

Be sure the second 12AX7 that is associated with those 6L6GCs has clean pin contacts and that the tube socket pin receivers for the 12AX7 tube are also clean. Any corrosion on that tube's pins or in the socket can cause loss of grid bias on the 6L6GC associated with it and result in red plating.
  6. AA6U

McIntosh MC60 Pulses

I installed a zener, and the amp is well behaved now-- no more pulses. Thanks to everyone for their guidance! This forum and its participants are awesome!
  7. AA6U

McIntosh MC60 Pulses

I agree on not using neon bulbs. I'm going to put in zeners in both MC60s I'm working on (the amp with the problem and its twin that doesn't have a problem- yet). The zeners are supposed to arrive today.
  8. AA6U

McIntosh MC60 Pulses

Again, thank you so much. I ordered some zeners and I'll let you know. A local engineer I just talked to said the same thing about the neon bulbs.
  9. AA6U

McIntosh MC60 Pulses

Thanks for the analysis/recommendations. a zener seems to be the consensus. While the neon bulbs are cool, they are not critical because they are enclosed in the chassis and can't be seen. What wattage zener should I use?
  10. AA6U

McIntosh MC60 Pulses

I'm working on a McIntosh MC60 (model with the neon bulbs for voltage regulation) that is putting out a short, low pulse every 4-5 seconds. It has been completely rebuilt and worked great until one of these events caused it to start pulsing (not sure which): Event One- One of the 5U4 tubes...
  11. AA6U

A 400C Transformation

You did a great job cleaning and rebuilding it! The before photos looked like either something burned or exploded inside leaving it a toxic mess. You are more diligent than me.
  12. AA6U

Any Info/Opinions on Realistic 7591A Tubes?

Either in a McIntosh MC225 or Fisher KX-200.
  13. AA6U

They are older tubes and look like the same construction according to the owner who is trustworthy. I just want to make sure that Realistic 7591 tubes don't have a reputation of being poor sounding or unreliable like some of the new tubes do. Even though the price is good, they aren't...
  14. AA6U

These are the regular sized base, not coin bases.
  15. AA6U

McIntosh C11, C22, C32, MC60, MC225, MC240, MC275, MC2205; Marantz 7C & 8B; B&W Nautilus 803...

McIntosh C11, C22, C32, MC60, MC225, MC240, MC275, MC2205; Marantz 7C & 8B; B&W Nautilus 803, 804; JBL L110
Back
Top Bottom