Recent content by aabottom

1. aabottom

HELP! My tape deck is screaming.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! Well, 7 years after my OP, I finally took the cover off and went inside. The DECK B on my unit grew worse and was now playing with a lot of Wow & Flutter, and interment "screaming" mentioned in my OP. Here's how I fixed it. 1. Clean the heads and capstans with 91% isopropyl...
  2. aabottom

RIP John Prine.

I've been with him since Sept, 1976. "Pretty Good" "Illegal Smile", "Quiet Man". "Everybody" 's "Souvenirs" are "Sour Grapes". "Yes I Guess They Oughta Name a Drink After You" . "Dear Abby": "Please Don't Bury Me" on "Christmas in Prison" with a "Blue Umbrella". "Aw Heck", "That's the Way...
  3. aabottom

Tape-based play list

Wayne Shorter - Atlantis Weather Report - 8:30 JVC cassette Deck
  4. aabottom

Vinyl only spin list

2001, 2010, 2061, 3001
  5. aabottom

Philips GA-212

I've had a GA312 since 1978; it still works great. I have a Stanton 681EEE with a shibata stylus on it. I replaced the belt a few years ago. I have another GA312 from craigslist, it works well too.
  6. aabottom

The official Music score thread

In the trumpet bin at the Labor Day festival.
  7. aabottom

Are expensive cartridges really worth it? V2

I've been to NiaHS. Hate to tell ya though, I bought my 681EEE from Circuit City.
  8. aabottom

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

In the C-section today. 1973 Canned Heat - One More River to Cross 1969 Cream - Goodbye . . .
  9. aabottom

Vinyl only spin list

They've doing it for awhile now. Originally, 7 pieces of real talent to create music.
  10. aabottom

What's your best speaker "score"?

Newest score: two JBl LX22, two Minimus-11 Black, two Minimus-12 Silver, and a bag of speaker wire; all for free. Older score: two Acoustic Research AR-6 with rotted surrounds, for free.
  11. aabottom

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Excellent! I bought all mine new, ..., in the 70s.
  12. aabottom

My Sick And Perverse Love Of Minimus/Optimus 7's/77's

Just picked up another pair of Minimus-11 black and a pair of Minimus-12 silver (with a home brew vinyl-wood-grain-veneer), in addition to a pair of JBL LX22- all for free.
  13. aabottom

Internet Radio Stations

Just found this today: https://www.internet-radio.com/station/blues/ Chicago Bob's Blues
  14. aabottom

Vintage film cameras

Got dem Mercury blues.
  15. aabottom

Happy 70th birthday LP: June 21, 1948

My did that sound good. Gonna have to listen to more LPs now.
Back
Top Bottom