Recent content by adamp

1. adamp

My dog hates Marantz 2325's

Tikka, my 7 year old German shepherd mix, chills out even if it’s loud (like 2275 paired to Klipsch La Scala’s loud), unless something sounds like thunder, in which case she runs upstairs and hides in the bathroom. Haha
  2. adamp

2275 Intermittent left channel loss. new-to-me reciever

My money is on a dirty relay....
  3. adamp

The largest Klipsch Heritage speaker in a small room?

I have a pair of La Scalas in an irregularly shaped room (diagnoally cut corner in one corner, opposite a bay window) that is about the same square footage as what you're describing; and, you guessed it, they're overkill. Nice overkill, but overkill nonetheless. I have 10' ceilings, though, if...
  4. adamp

Marantz 2215 Engraved - Barn Find

Nice! I saw (what I assume is) that one on Kijiji and was thinking about making an offer on it.... Should be a fun project! Enjoy! Adam
  5. adamp

Marantz 1250 feet

I suspect they'll be the same feet as most other 22xx, 23xx, 10xx, 11xx and 12xx receivers. I believe there's a guy on 'that auction site' who sells very proper-looking reproductions with the correct screws. Adam
  6. adamp

Thrift find 2235B with strange problem

Even if it ends up not being worth fixing, the feet, knobs and power cords are worth well over $40 alone. I have some leftover parts from a scrapped Marantz, and I've been slowly selling off the knobs for $20 each, as I service units for other people who are missing a knob, for example. I'd buy...
  7. adamp

1060 Champagne Engraved - anyone touch up the lettering on the faceplate on these?

Good day AK, I recently picked up an early, C/E model 1060 from my local classified ads. Bought it from an older gentleman who is living in a ~600 square foot apartment, and he had been using it as a preamp for his 510M power amp. He sold the 1060 as he bought a 1120 to use as a pre, because...
  8. adamp

2275 rebuild project

I have been watching this thread unfold and am thoroughly enjoying it. I have more time off than I know what to do with over the holidays, so I'll be attacking a full recap (and those noisy transistors, lol) on my 2215 in the coming weeks. This will be my first attempt at an electronics repair...
  9. adamp

Please educate me on vintage Marantz Quad gear...

Thanks for the crash course, Larry! So if I bought this 4415 and hook up 4 speakers to it, I can run a Marantz 6100 turntable into it using QS or RM LP's? "Decently priced" in this case is $250 Canadian plus 13% sales tax for a total of $282.50, but the store owner said to make him an offer...
  10. adamp

Please educate me on vintage Marantz Quad gear...

I've had lots of vintage Marantz gear over the years, but have yet to dabble in 4-channel stuff. There's a decently-priced (in my opinion) Model 4415 here at a local shop. It does not have the SQ decoder card thingy in the bottom of it. Aside from the obvious 4 speakers and some quad records...
  11. adamp

2275 Hum only on Aux input

Yep, that was the issue. I finally had a chance to dig into this thing tonight (been busy with work). Reference the before and after pics; I replaced one fuse lamp (the far left) as it was dimmer than all the others. I repaired the AUX ground wire, replaced the vellum, replaced the burned...
  12. adamp

marantz 1060 find.

Where in Ontario are you located? There was one exactly like that on kijiji here in Ottawa about six months back. I believe the seller was asking $280 without, and $335 with, the wood case. Assuming it isn't the same unit, these two are the only ones I've ever seen with the half case. Adam
  13. adamp

2275 Hum only on Aux input

Good afternoon AK gurus..... I recently acquired a 2275. I love it and think I prefer it over my 2270. To my ears, anyway, it seems more detailed and a lot more than 5wpc more powerful, plus the FM tuner is far superior in terms of pulling in weak stations. However, there is a pretty loud hum...
  14. adamp

2238 seems excessively "bass-y".......

I thought it was odd too as the values weren't wildly out of spec. but I listened to an album side after replacing the caps, but before voltage adjustments, and immediately afterward and the difference was quite profound. The boomy bass never was intermittent in the first place, and I've...
  15. adamp

2238 seems excessively "bass-y".......

Thanks for the replies, guys.... I hadn't thought of using the pre-out/main in jacks, I'm a bit of a hoarder and definitely could have isolated the pre and power amp sections. The loudness button works, and I guess I forgot to mention that I already deoxit-ed all the controls and replaced...
Back
Top Bottom