Recent content by addman27

1. A

Golden Ear Triton One.R

Thank you for clarifying. :) The triton 1.r's were recently on sale and for $5k for the pair they really were a fantastic value. Great sounding speakers. For 2 channel listening you can't go wrong.
  2. A

Golden Ear Triton One.R

I just happened to be reading reviews and recently bought a pair of the Triton.1Rs. I read the said review and here is a quote from it: The breadth of the One.Rs' soundstage so impressed me that I pulled out an oldie just to take advantage of it. - Stereophile Nowhere does it mention a...
  3. A

Denon DP-47F -?? - Anyone familiar with it?

I've had mine since the 90's and it still operates flawlessly. I've owned much more expensive manual turntables over the years and always come back to the Denon. Sounds great, looks great, and is a joy to operate. I use an Audio Technica AT33sa cartridge on it and the sound is sublime. I wish...
  4. A

McIntosh MT5 Issue (Platter Vibrates - Needle Skips)

If you like Mac, look into the MT 10. Much more substantial. Audio Classics offers substantial discounts on trade-ins sometimes in near new condition.
  5. A

MA 252

Very nice...Looking forward to getting mine in a couple of weeks and hooking up my Marantz TT15S1. Let us know how you like yours.
  6. A

MA 252

With this hobby the 'craziness' NEVER ends. : ) Be curious to hear your feedback on the 252.
  7. A

MA 252

Nice! Mine is a few weeks out. Let us know how you like it. I'm most curious about the phonostage.
  8. A

MA 252

Yeah, you'd have to buy Mac's outboard phonostage or something comparable to digitize vinyl...for my uses: namely spinning vinyl, this seems to be a perfect solution and will be my first Mac product. Wish there were some reviews or owner feedback though.
  9. A

MA 252

I also went ahead and ordered the new MA 252. Seems perfect for a vinyl only set-up. My only concern though is the quality of the included phonostage. I called Mac and spoke with tech support. Tech support told me that the phonostage in the MA 252 is not the same circuitry used in their higher...
  10. A

Denon DP-47F and Ortofon 2M Black

Looks like the cart I am using is a bit tail up. So I would need a thicker replacement? Like 3 mm.
  11. A

Did you use the Herbies with the rubber Denon mat on top? Does the Ortofon Quintet Black have a Shibata stylus? If so what is the advantage of the Shibata? I've never owned a cart with one.
  12. A

You might just be the person I needed to chat with. I have a Denon DP-47 f and have been using this table since the mid 90's and am very fond of it. I like MC carts and I went from an Ortofon MC-3 Turbo,to an Audio Technica OC9 ML II to an AT 33 PTG II and it sounds excellent. Recently Audio...
  13. A

Help Me Pull The Trigger! AT33EV vs. AT33PTG/II

If you look at Audio Technica's European website there are several high-end carts listed that are not available for some reason in the U.S.The Art F7 and F9 and also the AT 33 PTG II and new At 33 Sa with a Shibata stylus are listed there.
  14. A

Help Me Pull The Trigger! AT33EV vs. AT33PTG/II

I've been using the AT 33 PTG II for years and it is a great cart. I've purchased mine on eBay (from 2juki) as they are unavailable here in the U.S. I had before it the OC9 ML II and prefer the PTG to the OC 9 II. To me the PTG has more detail and a more open sound, (I've never had any...
Back
Top Bottom