Recent content by adj69

1. adj69

What song/s do you use to test new equipment - max 3

A few songs come to mind as I used some of them to demo my car stereo system back in high school (Class of '88 :rockon:) and on my systems today. Terry Dorsey - Bachbusters Toccata & Fugue in D Minor, Toccata Toccata & Fugue in D Minor, Fugue Kraftwerk - Techno Pop Boing Boom Tschak Techno...
  2. adj69

Back again

Alright, got back into my old account! Feels good! Thanks Ms. Grumpy!
  3. adj69

"As the glue dries..." Post up your refoam jobs!

Last refoam I did on a pair of EPI M-110s - turned out pretty nice 20171021_183455677_iOS by adj69 posted Oct 30, 2017 at 12:52 AM20171028_022232004_iOS by adj69 posted Oct 30, 2017 at 12:54 AM20171028_034443186_iOS by adj69 posted Oct 30, 2017 at 12:55 AM20171028_205735279_iOS by adj69 posted...
  4. adj69

A Miracord 50H followed me home.....

Gary7, check out this thread for any gotchas, cleaning suggestions, steps, etc. - https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/elac-miracord-tt-share-all-about-em.390203/ I too have a 50H and it's rock solid once it is all cleaned and re-greased. Enjoy!
  5. adj69

What music did you discover and enjoy this year ?

Some of the "new to me" bands/artists that I have found this last year: Captain Beyond Blood of the Sun Riot /RiotV Jorn Nitzinger Alkana Starz Brownsville Station Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit Visigoth Haunt Durand Jones & the Indications Octopus Bullet The Bevis Frond
  6. adj69

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

Digging around and I also have these Optimus Pro-X44AV speakers, 4 pair of Minimus 7 speakers (everyone knows what they look like) a pair of Optimus Pro 127 bookshelf speakers an SA-101 and SA-155 amplifier and a pair of Optimus Pro LX5 speakers (unfortunately the Lineaum tweeters...
  7. adj69

I also have a set of the Super Tweeters I bought back in the day And this speaker switch which I use to test speakers with I also have a pair of Nova 10 speakers too (they are buried away at the moment)
  8. adj69

Found this STA-250 at a GW back in May 2015 and had it sitting on my bench apart trying to revive it (not the easiest unit to tear down and reassemble by the way...) Tinkered with it on and off for a while and finally got it working last year after repairing the built in circuit breaker and...
  9. adj69

Records...at Aldi?

I ended up stopping in one of the local Aldi stores and picking up the Foo Fighters Greatest Hits and the Pearl Jam "Ten" reissue/remastered double LP. Good price (cheaper) compared to other places, including Amazon.
  10. adj69

Dustcover Hinge Fix

Hi all, used the "fix" earlier today and sure enough, it was pretty simple and it got my lid working on a JVC L-A11 turntable! I just used a dremel to expose the spring. :thumbsup:
  11. adj69

Best 1970's Vintage Speakers for $200 or less

I also have a pair of recapped Sansui SP-2000s and I agree that they sound quite nice (after the recap). I also have a pair of EPI M110s and a pair of ADS L-710s and they both sound fantastic in their own way.
  12. adj69

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Picked this up the other day-really good stuff! Badger - One Live Badger
  13. adj69

Show us your bedroom system

My current bedroom setup:
  14. adj69

Sansui SP-200 speakers

Glad to see this thread and the thoughts on the Sansui speakers. I acquired a pair of Sansui SP-2000s at a thrift last fall and ended up recapping them as one of the caps had actually exploded sometime ago. I also decided to replace the terminals with new ones. (See here) After the recap I...
  15. adj69

A couple of speaker projects this weekend

Yeah, I noticed that the highs were not working after I brought them home so I opened the one up and then I saw why...the one cap had definitely exploded! I've pulled them back out recently and have been listening to them for about a week on and off and I have to say they do sound pretty good...
Back
Top Bottom