Recent content by adri2000

1. adri2000

USB cables and me

I have experimented with USB cables quite a lot. In mediocre systems they do not make a big difference. But in good systems there can be a big difference. I also have build quite a lot usb cables myself. Wire construction, length and conductors they all affect sound.
  2. adri2000

Stereo Stands/Cabinets & isolation of foot vibration.

Turntable motor and also other equipment can generate Structure-borne vibration even turntable is suspended on wall mount. Also do not forget that speakers generate Air-borne vibration and large surface like wall mounted shelf your turntable sits on can vibrate from Air-borne vibration. After...
  3. adri2000

isolation platform for wooden creaky floors

If you have suspending turntable with wall mount even then vibration isolation pads can improve turntable performance. Turntable motor and also other equipment can generate Structure-borne vibration. Also do not forget that speakers generate Air-borne vibration and large surface like shelf your...
  4. adri2000

DAC Newbie. Help!

I do not recommend use tablet or laptop as music player. All parts (CPU, RAM, USB controllers) are squeezed in small space and from my experience that always will have bad effect on digital signal quality. PSU is also a compromise. Better use older small form PC with good quality PSU. SSD is a...
  5. adri2000

DAC Newbie. Help!

So you think 0 roll in cable and 1 jump. it is all analog voltage change. and it looks something like this:
  6. adri2000

DAC Newbie. Help!

USB 2.0 compliant is technical specification of cable and what minimal requirements it must have. it is all good. But you can always do better than specification. There is no such thing as: w/o degradation, there will be always some effect from cable.
  7. adri2000

High Definition Releases - Reviews

Beyonce - Lemonade 24/96 (MQA) one of the best recent releases
  8. adri2000

DAC Newbie. Help!

In properly made setups USB cable can make huge difference. USB signal is no digital it is analog, so as with any analog signal - cable (material, construction, length) will have effect on it.
  9. adri2000

DAC Newbie. Help!

You need to have good digital audio signal for dac do his job properly. It all starts with server where you music is located, it must be on Local network, streaming services like Tidal is not there jet but still is sound better than Mp3 or Sotify Then you need main PC who will play music. This...
  10. adri2000

DAC Newbie. Help!

Dac alone can not make system sound better. digital stream transportation is also important. I have specially build PC with PPA V4 USB CARD OCXO, that have Linear a-class power supply. That alone is big improvement to any DAC. Also cables (USB, AES/EBU, LAN) can change sound dramatically...
  11. adri2000

The streaming service/services I use and why.

If you are using Roon Tidal is way to go. Very handy to compere your local music albums with Tidal if you not sure your local media is in good quality. Sound quality also is better than Spotify but you must have good audio setup to hear difference.
  12. adri2000

Mytek Brooklyn - Anybody have one?

That is defensively not the case. It was tested in 2 setups and this was not only my opinion. Mytek Brooklyn have really good price/performance but I believe with Audio GD DAC in same price category you can do even better.
  13. adri2000

Mytek Brooklyn - Anybody have one?

I had Mytek Brooklyn for the price good DAC. Also have good headphone amp inside. and VS Mcintosh d100 that I also had some time ago i will recommend Mytek Brooklyn Mcintosh d100 is good for Pop/Jazz but when it comes to Hard-rock really disappointing. Mytek Brooklyn is more solid performer...
  14. adri2000

Rega DAC+ asynchronous USB or JKDAC32

Hi, I have Rega DAC and thinking adding asynchronous USB +/-200 EUR as transport. (M2tech HiFace2 for example) Or better sell Rega DAC and buy JKDAC32 DAC (520 EUR)?
  15. adri2000

Asus Xonar Essence ST vs Onkyo 805 (DAC)

I want to know which will be better DAC for converting digital 5.1 no analog signal Asus Xonar Essence ST or Onkyo 805 (bult in dac) any ideas?
Back
Top Bottom