Recent content by Aerwyk

1. A

TEAC X10R Rewind Issues

I had a similar if not the same problem. Does the tape rewind as strong and fast as fast forward?? If not, most likely you need to clean the commutator in the left motor. And.... I can tell you that's a delicate job. Never fear though, Sam Palermo aka Skywavebe wrote never fail instructions as...
  2. A

Teac Model RA-40s Stereo Record Amp

Noah, Go to hifiengine.com. They have several a-4010 manuals - owner and service. Some are easier to read than others. Is there anything serious missing from the deck? If not, why not try refurbishing it. I've done several. On top of that, there's usually quite a few a-4010 parts available. Some...
  3. A

Sherwood S-2660CP Speakers A intermittent

Speakers A (Bose 601 series II)are intermittent - the sound comes and goes - same with the sound bars. No problem with Speakers B (Klipsch FS 2). Has anyone experienced this or something similar? The sound on spkrs A come and goes as do the sound bars. Yes, I know, they come and go anyway...
  4. A

Bose 601 "owner" opinions please

I have a pair of series 2 that I bought new for $150.00. This was somewhere around 1982. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price. When I asked why so low, I was informed that they buzzed and nobody could figure out why. I gave them a listen and sure enough they buzzed. As I listened, I...
  5. A

G-9000 Amost Perfect Power Supply and Audio Drawings - FREE

Bummer....... I misread Pete's post. People are individuals and as such they like many things the same except for size. I like really large schematic diagrams - 11 by 17 being one of my favorite sizes. If you have a printer that will print 11 by 17, I will upload just such a file. However...
  6. A

Pete, You need to ask the programmers who wrote PosteRazor. I'm not privy to that info.
  7. A

Hello Pete, They don't lend themselves to being a PDF as such. They are JPG or PNG (your choice) files. Their size needs to be run through PostRazor in this format. PostRazor then outputs the individual pages in PDF format for printing. You do not need a graphics program - just the image files...
  8. A

Greetings G-9000 and G-9000DB fanatics, How would you like a drawing 6 pages wide and 3 1/2 pages high? Or, a more sane size and everything is legible and of decent size to read? I have corrected both Power supply and audio section drawings. They are almost perfect. Why almost?? I did not...
  9. A

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

9000DB,819010265,AERWYK
  10. A

Sansui G9000 Tutorial disassemble clean stuff reassemble

Hello All, Among some of my more nefarious endeavors, I was a tech writer. I wrote theory of operation and repair manuals for military electronics. I have a similar manual (disassemble clean stuff reassemble only) well under way. I have written it for both pro and newbie alike. It's not...
  11. A

Power Supply F-2809 PC Board Mislabeled??

PROBLEM SOLVED Yes, the board is mislabelled. After rectifying that, I took some voltage readings. I already knew my output was 1/2 of what the rest of the amp needed. I took copious measurements and operated the circuit in my mind. Also, voltage readings indicated one of the pass transistors...
  12. A

Phil???

Phil???
  13. A

Yes. It's a G9000DB. The AF power supply board is F-2809.
  14. A

I'm trouble shooting my 9000 AF power supply. The 33 volt line is only 16 volts. I suspect the voltage regulator circuitry. It boils down to looking at TR07 and TR08. The schematic shows TR07 with a zener diode in the emitter circuit and a 1k resistor (R11) in the base. Looking at the board...
  15. A

8000/9000 Lovers. Something Good

Yes, it's better by far. There are no breaks in any of the lines. They are all good. When I enlarge it by 8 times or more. I do not have to fix anything. The only thing I do, before enlarging, is to increase the resolution to 300 or more. Sometimes the "Gimp" doesn't like this, but I have plenty...
Back
Top Bottom