Recent content by aidynphoenix

1. aidynphoenix

Yet Another Yamaha NS1000 Project Re-cap

I've been so busy with other things this project got put on hold and I haven't been able to pick it back up yet. I know it's been over a year and it's been bothering me that I haven't been able to finish this. I will complete this project as soon as possible.
  2. aidynphoenix

Yamaha C-4 incoming

:lurk:
  3. aidynphoenix

Denon POA-5200 Power Amp

Just picked up this amp tonight for a song and a dance. Not sure what to expect. I quickly checked both channels in my garage and they seem to be working Curious to how this might compare to my Yamaha M-4 Power amps. I will try to audition it tomorrow. Does anybody have a service manual for...
  4. aidynphoenix

The doping went well.
  5. aidynphoenix

After drying for 24 hours there does not seem to be a huge difference between the surround sealants. The stuff from Roy remains very wet and sticky. It would definitely have no problem soaking into a woofer. The stuff from eBay is still very sticky but not wet. The original surround on the...
  6. aidynphoenix

Music Video Streaming Service?

So i have been living under a rock for awhile and have no idea what kind of options are out there for this today. I have been using Pandora for years now and love how it is able to find and introduce me to new music that is similar or relative to what i already like. I was born in 89, Lots of...
  7. aidynphoenix

I added glue between the magnet and front/rear plates to prevent potential magnet shift. There are a few reasons i decided to use the clear gorilla glue instead of epoxy. I have 12 drivers to glue and epoxy hardens very quickly, I prefer to take it slow and do a good job. Rather than rush or...
  8. aidynphoenix

The surround sealant I ordered from Roy-C arrived quickly, but the stuff I found on eBay took awhile. Tonight I put some of each onto a piece of toilet paper to see what it is like when dried. The stuff I bought from Roy smells a lot like rubber cement. The stuff I bought on eBay resembles...
  9. aidynphoenix

Thank you. I sent Roy a message.
  10. aidynphoenix

found this product: eBay item number: 290600563656 According to the description it sounds like what I need. I went ahead and ordered it. Shipping is going to slow down my progress a few days. I will wait and do it right. I fear that if I put them back together and start listening I might not...
  11. aidynphoenix

While working on one of the woofers I decided to pump the breaks and report in before I continue any further. If I shine a flashlight from behind the surround I can see lots of light passing through. Do these cloth surrounds need to be re-doped? If so.. what should I use? I did not want to...
  12. aidynphoenix

Tonight I made progress cleaning the drivers. using Acetone (fingernail polish remover) made it easy to soften and remove the glue that held the mesh grills in place. I used small paint brushes, and Q-tips with a bit of water and dish soap to clean the midrange and tweeters on the first pair...
  13. aidynphoenix

I made progress yesterday and now the crossovers are nearly complete. I am going to swap out all the old 18AWG wire and use some 14AWG silver plated copper PTFE wire. But before I do, I need to clean the drivers. There is a thick brown layer of dust sitting on top of the drivers. These were...
  14. aidynphoenix

I Noticed that the serial numbers are dramatically different on my pairs. one pair is SN-15914 and the the newer pair is SN-63937 So tested the older crossover and found values even higher. 94uF is reading 128.4 uF 21uF is reading 25.8 uF 3.5uf is reading 4.3uF 2.7uF is reading 3.3uF Because...
  15. aidynphoenix

I tested the values of the original capacitors and every value is reading high. I have three different capacitance meters and all three are giving me consistent results. 94uF value is reading 115-119uF 26.5% High 21uF value is reading 24-25uF 19% High 3.5uF value...
Back
Top Bottom