Recent content by AintBeenDead

1. AintBeenDead

What do the old A-B Box stickers on LPs mean?

Can someone tell me what the little 'B' sticker means? I've had several over the years, usually either A or B. https://imgur.com/e4htYIr
  2. AintBeenDead

Wiring one speaker-set to two amplifiers, but NOT using the amps at the same time. Problematic?

Fair enough ;) Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
  3. AintBeenDead

Wiring one speaker-set to two amplifiers, but NOT using the amps at the same time. Problematic?

Another question that no matter how I try to Google, keeps giving me the answer to the two other ways this type of question is always asked. To be clear, I do NOT want to power two sets of speakers with one amplifier. I certainly, double, triple, ultra-omega do NOT want to wire one set of...
  4. AintBeenDead

I give up, can someone tell me what these slotted holes on tables are for?

No, because there's an adapter holder on the other side. And had several that way. But that was my best guess too. You got it! So many years! So simple an answer! (Banging head on table) :) Fits right under a closed lid :thumbsup: Thanks !
  5. AintBeenDead

I give up, can someone tell me what these slotted holes on tables are for?

I hate to even bother any of you with this, but I've been googling it for half an hour and can find nothing. For probably twenty years I've seen these on half the tables I've owned. I still have no idea what they are for. What is their purpose?
  6. AintBeenDead

SONY ES Series - TA-N77ES, 1000ESD, 508ESD

I'll have to see what I can do. Thanks.
  7. AintBeenDead

OK, now I'm intrigued, I thought you were talking about something likely more complex. I have some Y cables, yes. Could you explain in more detail what you're talking about here? Thanks.
  8. AintBeenDead

I'm just looking for quick, on the fly switching though, not a permanent mono set-up, extra switch-boxes, etc. Certainly great ideas though, and thanks.
  9. AintBeenDead

Been through the manual several times, and if it's there I'm not seeing it?
  10. AintBeenDead

Reviving this old thread to see if anyone can tell me whether or not this has a way to play Mono sources? I picked one up, and I'm enjoying it even in the phono stage (digitized or not) at least until I play anything in Mono :(
  11. AintBeenDead

Is there an effective way to bi-amp using two different amplifiers?

Old thread I know. But what if the speakers in question were Boston A-400s. They are factory built with 3 sets of jacks on them. One is the jumper connecting the two. But they are factory built to be bi-amped. So would that mean they have active crossovers built in?
  12. AintBeenDead

SM Request for a Philips 388 Receiver.

Thanks, Binkman. It does look close. I think I got a line a proper SM, keep fingers crossed. And yeah, it's hard to come by the rare ones for sure.
  13. AintBeenDead

SM Request for a Philips 388 Receiver.

Picked one of these up a little over a month ago, would really love to get it back in top running shape. If anyone has an SM for one, please let me know. And yes, I've looked all over with no success :(
  14. AintBeenDead

Joining the 11 inch RtR soon I hope (Teac A-3440) Sagely advice on a recondition?

Another question for someone here. What would anyone reccomend for rust inhibition on the front panel? As well, something that matches a bit. I got pretty good lines of rust around most of the gauge trim, and elsewhere. Need something that will match that color of grey. Would plain old...
Back
Top Bottom