Recent content by airborneryan

1. A

Sony AMP-X300 to replace Pioneer CS-707

I guess I'm just looking for something that sounds cleaner and less boomy if that makes sense. I think my speakers are only good for parties or when you want to shake the walls. I read somewhere that those Sony's may have been higher end audiophile speakers, so I assumed that meant better than...
  2. A

Sony AMP-X300 to replace Pioneer CS-707

These are listed locally for $100 and look decent. I know nothing about them though. Anything else that looks better than my current speakers are priced really high around my area. WOuld these be worth it and would they be better than my current speakers? I'm running them with a Kenwood KR-7600...
  3. A

Need something to replace Pioneer CS-707 speakers

I'm thinking some of my problem may be that my Kenwood needs a cleaning. For my source selection the right speaker has started going out and most knobs are a little scratchy. That may improve sound I'm guessing.
  4. A

Need something to replace Pioneer CS-707 speakers

These are the only larger speakers I've owned. I'm running them with a Kenwood KR-7600. They just don't seem pure enough if that makes sense. They sound good, but maybe a little boomy and flat? They seem decent and sensitive though. I'd have to figure out what I could sell them for and buy some...
  5. A

Pioneer sx-434 speaker selection help(school art studio)

I have a SX-434 in my studio at school that is maybe 12x15 or something like that if it matters. I'm looking for better sound than I'm getting from my current speakers. I'm currently using some old Minimus 7 speakers and what I think are unmarked Harmon Kardon HK-50 speakers. I don't know if the...
  6. A

Pioneer Pl-530 with 75 records for $350 (good first table?)

Awesome to know. I was just looking that all up now. Know what to look for helps a lot. Thanks for the info
  7. A

Last question for now...If I bring some gear to test it out and everything sounds good do I still need to worry with buying a cartridge or stylus?
  8. A

Should I even try and offer $300 so I have some room for a stylus or anything else I may want or need?
  9. A

He also has an MXR 15 band equalizer he will throw in for an extra $50. I'll look here on the site, but I can't see why I'll need it or if I'll use it though.
  10. A

Thanks for the info. If it looks good when I get there I think I will go for it. My friend is trying to talk me into a Technics 1200 mk2, but I think I like this one better just by looks alone. I don't know which is better between the two though. I think the records really adds value to it and...
  11. A

I am passing on another turntable I found. This one seems like a good deal with the records since I currently don't own any. He is the original owner and said he hasn't used it all in 10 or more years. It has just been sitting in his shelf. He had it listed with a Marantz 2252B and some other...
  12. A

Is this a good price for a PL-518? (Looking for first turntable)

It also comes with the original manuals and even the receipts from when purchased new
  13. A

Is this a good price for a PL-518? (Looking for first turntable)

Ok, I found another that I am thinking about. It is a local Pioneer PL-530 and it comes with about 75 records like Tom Petty, Zepplin and so on. It looks clean and I can test it of course. he said it has been sitting not being used for years. Anything I should look at specifically? With the...
Back
Top Bottom