airtime
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi ! I've been looking your post about Marantz pre and amp . You said for someone who wants to buy them get in contact with BOB because he has a lot of Marantz m250. Would you mind to send me your contact please? thanks again my mail is matheus.soares@gmail.com
    Hi airtime - I read that you like the E80CF in your Sherwood 5000. You said you did the wire swap; was it merely changing the wires per the diagram, or did the resistors have to follow with the wires, if you know what I mean? I have a pair of NOS E80CF GE (Germany) coming in the mail. I have the requisite adapters, but I've read the E80CF is a bit taller than the rest, and I'd doubt the top will fit on. TIA!
    airtime
    airtime
    I simply moved the wires as the diagram showed them. No component changes. I think I had to add an extension on one wire?? Since the 7199 are no longer made you should consider doing the rewire over the adapter. Why add more pins and connections that will ony give you trouble. I think it took me about an hour to do the job and it was easier than I thought it would be.
    GuyNoir
    GuyNoir
    Thanks! I just scored two pair of NOS testing 7199 for relatively cheap but prefer the sound of the Amperex 6BL8 I have in there now. So I think I'll take your advice and unload the 7199s. Cheers.
    airtime
    airtime
    I did a few side by sides with the 7199s in several amps. They really were not that good a sounding tube. Especially when compared to a a better driver tube like a 6U8 or 6BL8.
    Hi,
    I am working on a Marantz 250,and I was told you are too.I pulled the transistors out on the side of mine and didn't notice there were 2 types.SJ2519 and SJ2520.Can you tell me which goes where?Thankyou for your time!
    Marantz 250 amp
    dynaco MKII amp
    Marantz 3600 preamp
    Marantz 2270 receiver
    Marantz 1200 integrated
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom