1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice
airtime
Last Activity:
Oct 15, 2018 at 8:58 PM

Followers 2

Share This Page

airtime

Super Member, from Central Arizona

airtime was last seen:
Oct 15, 2018 at 8:58 PM
    1. GuyNoir
      GuyNoir
      Hi airtime - I read that you like the E80CF in your Sherwood 5000. You said you did the wire swap; was it merely changing the wires per the diagram, or did the resistors have to follow with the wires, if you know what I mean? I have a pair of NOS E80CF GE (Germany) coming in the mail. I have the requisite adapters, but I've read the E80CF is a bit taller than the rest, and I'd doubt the top will fit on. TIA!
      1. airtime
        airtime
        I simply moved the wires as the diagram showed them. No component changes. I think I had to add an extension on one wire?? Since the 7199 are no longer made you should consider doing the rewire over the adapter. Why add more pins and connections that will ony give you trouble. I think it took me about an hour to do the job and it was easier than I thought it would be.
        Sep 22, 2018
      2. GuyNoir
        GuyNoir
        Thanks! I just scored two pair of NOS testing 7199 for relatively cheap but prefer the sound of the Amperex 6BL8 I have in there now. So I think I'll take your advice and unload the 7199s. Cheers.
        Sep 22, 2018
      3. airtime
        airtime
        I did a few side by sides with the 7199s in several amps. They really were not that good a sounding tube. Especially when compared to a a better driver tube like a 6U8 or 6BL8.
        Sep 22, 2018
    2. nickrobotron
      nickrobotron
      I sent you a PM. Did you get it? Just wanted to make sure you can still receiver them with whatever computer problems you're dealing with.

Nick
    3. triode4
      triode4
      Hi,
      I am working on a Marantz 250,and I was told you are too.I pulled the transistors out on the side of mine and didn't notice there were 2 types.SJ2519 and SJ2520.Can you tell me which goes where?Thankyou for your time!
    4. airtime
      airtime
      Marantz 250 amp
      dynaco MKII amp
      Marantz 3600 preamp
      Marantz 2270 receiver
      Marantz 1200 integrated
  • About

58 years young

Audio and only a little tinkering with audio. Hiking, wood working and astronomy when I can

Signature

Amps Marantz 250M Latino VTA ST-70 Sherwood S-5000 NAD C275BEE
    Preamp Conrad Johnson Classic 2SESource Marantz NA7004 Speakers Zaph Audio SR71