Recent content by aj_chicago

1. aj_chicago

$1,000 budget - Which table do you buy?

So nobody said 2 Dual 1229Qs and a 1219? I don't get it. :dunno:
  2. aj_chicago

No Mitsubishi reciever interest? DA-R35?

I found one at an estate sale for $35. Best $35 I ever spent on audio! Good tuner with great reception and PRESET BUTTONS! Vinyl sounds really good through it (driving a pair of JBL 4313B Control Monitors. I swapped in a Pioneer SX-780 I found and I'm feeling a little guilty.
  3. aj_chicago

What small speaker has surprised you with bass output?

I also vote for Smaller Advents, and for anyone who doesn't know, that IS their actual name.... "Smaller Advents." Refoamed and broken in, that is. :music:
  4. aj_chicago

Cartridge and stylus recommendation for Sony PSLX350H

Awwwwwwwww, man! I was looking for a happy ending! ;)
  5. aj_chicago

Sony PS-LX350H?

No no.... B - "ea" - TLES! :bowdown:
  6. aj_chicago

Okay, who has the most turntables!

Do your PL-630s ever spin backwards? Afraid mine does and I found some threads here on AK that seem to say this a fairly common "failure". Unfortunately, the fix is some unobtainable chip. Shame.
  7. aj_chicago

Pioneer SX-1250 vs Sansui 9090

Um.... would you believe 2005? Sorry. Just had to.
  8. aj_chicago

I've wondered for a couple years or more now and am thinking that you may know. Do you know what...

I've wondered for a couple years or more now and am thinking that you may know. Do you know what happened to Howard "Hakaplan"? He seems to have disappeared. I enjoyed his posts and knowledge as I do your knowledge and Dual expertise.
  9. aj_chicago

Possible Cure for Collapsed Stylus Suspension

That's great! Good job! Being pretty ignorant on the subject, I soaked mine. That thing had an erection like you wouldn't believe! Lol! Bounced all over. Good to know it actually WILL work if you use WD40 s-p-a-r-i-n-g-l-y.
  10. aj_chicago

Possible Cure for Collapsed Stylus Suspension

Good luck! The only problem is how much WD40 for how long. I think that's a guessing game depending on the stylus in hand. I found that it can really stiffen up the suspension TOO MUCH. But, when it's toast to begin with an experiment is better than just tossing it.
  11. aj_chicago

Dual CS-5000 find!!!

They can be had on ebay or amazon for $10 and free shipping.
  12. aj_chicago

Just getting started, huh? ;) :p
  13. aj_chicago

Pretty good. Would put a frown on any wife's face, but NOT EVEN CLOSE! Lol. Read previous hoarders' posts.
  14. aj_chicago

Miss your posts, Howard. Hope you find time to come back.

Miss your posts, Howard. Hope you find time to come back.
  15. aj_chicago

The use of "B" speaker outputs. Why do you do it?

I do, too! I can't believe more people don't do this. :thumbsup:
Back
Top Bottom