Recent content by akaslutz

1. akaslutz

Any pioneer Monitor 10 users here?

I recently jumped on a $25 set off of fleabay. They were in very good condition...except the earpads, as is common. With the stock earpads attached ( really, attached with a waxy adhesive that allows for removal ) I connected to my phone and thought they sounded good. Strong in the mids and...
  2. akaslutz

Pioneer Monitor 10 ear pad replacements

I just recently scored a set for a song. All but the ear pads were in tip top condition. I finally settled on these: https://www.amazon.com/NewFantasia-Replacement-Compatible-Headphones-Sheepskin/dp/B07JW5HZYJ I used double-sided tape ( thinner cloth stuff, not the puffy/foamy stuff ) and for...
  3. akaslutz

Anyone in Silicon Valley and Bay Area?

Me and my gear is in Hollister. My work is in Santa Clara. It appears several are south bay ... why not an audiophile society in our vicinity? Maybe a "San Francisco Audiophile Society - South Bay" would be practical
  4. akaslutz

Always need more time for good sound. It's cool vintage stuff still satisfies, and more...

Always need more time for good sound. It's cool vintage stuff still satisfies, and more proficiently?
  5. akaslutz

Always-on Pioneer SX-1980

Wasn't sure if there was a texture like the 1250. Also wasn't sure of the gloss level - matte, semi or full gloss. The underside thankfully doesn't look like it was exposed the same sacrilege as the veneer or the top side of the metal cover. The underside is a matte black, not sure if the top...
  6. akaslutz

:eek:"Sell the lesser stuff" !?!?? Blasphemy! This would interfere with my goals, which are simple - a silver-faced unit in each room! I started fixes on the outside on the1980 with new walnut veneer. Somebody in the past had used what looked like a 36 grit flap wheel to remove the old veneer...
  7. akaslutz

Ugh... been trying to catch up on YEARS of posts from several gurus on AK. I realize I should have stuck more into long term memory than basic P=IE type stuff in the early college years. I spend a lot of time working with suppliers on their operation and manufacturing process as an overall...
  8. akaslutz

Thanks Larry, and Zebulon. I'll leave it off and stare, no worries... I have a 1250 sitting next to it. :thumbsup: And a few 1080's.
  9. akaslutz

--------------- Thanks Larry, UH OH! - Haste makes waste. I adjusted DC BALANCE after logging off last night and adjusted DC Balance then adjusted VR3 and VR4. Data from last night session: 17 to ground: 0.001 32 to ground: 0.000 24 to 10: 0.032 25 to 39: 0.002 !!! Virtually no change from...
  10. akaslutz

Crud, wanted to add: should I simply have started a new thread?
  11. akaslutz

Guys, sorry for all the wet behind the ears questions ,but I'm trying to find a thread on the process for simply checking DC Balance(called in the Service Manual, same as DC Offset so popular on AK?) and Idle Current. I have the .pdf Service Manuel and maybe because I've been up 20 hours now...
  12. akaslutz

Fantastic, thanks! I've only seriously looked at AK for a couple of weeks now and admit AK is creating a junkie! - work and wife be warned. Question that might be a re-direct to another thread: I've seen in several thread voltage measurements of various pins on the PS board... I took some...
  13. akaslutz

Thanks Skylab, appreciate it. I've dropped a line with pacificstereo.net, thanks. I've been geeking out on AK incessantly only being a new member trying to catch up but have found a lot of good SX-1980 threads / forums. I followed a few gurus, who seem to congregate in the Midwest, and found...
  14. akaslutz

Thanks markthefixer. I'm ok with not-simple. Would PS board removal and sending for the 24v mod and rebuild to a reputable resource be sensible? Speaking of reputable resource, would asking for suggestions for a reputable local (Bay Area) resource be taboo? I'm thinking long term when / if I...
  15. akaslutz

Going to look at a Pioneer SX 1980 right now

Hi Steve - I just dealt with a sticky relay issue on another thread. I tapped the relay with the plastic end of a screwdriver and the receiver came alive.
Back
Top Bottom