Recent content by Aladdinsane

1. A

Help With NAD 7100

Oh wow thank you that's good news. I feel dumb now. How would I go about jumping the contacts internally?
  2. A

Help With NAD 7100

So I have this NAD where the bracket that holds the input for the jumpers from the pre out to the main in on the back is broken, which results in the music cutting out whenever they are touched even slightly. When opening up the receiver to see if I could fix that, I noticed that some of the...
  3. A

Any Repair People Near Springfield MA?

I have a Marantz 2230 and a NAD 7100 that are in need of servicing but can't find anyone near me. Figured I'd see if anyone here knows of any people in the area. Sorry mods if this isn't the right place for this.
  4. A

Brimfield Flea Market ?

I go every year and have even worked there a few times. Stereo stuff is usually pretty scarce. It's really mostly an antique market. There aren't really designated zones for electronics as far as I know. I have noticed more and more vendors selling records in recent years, some of them may also...
  5. A

What stylus is this?

As usual thanks for all of the info... follow up question, would the jico shibata be a considerable step up from the 681ee? It might be nice to have two styli, then I could use the 681ee for used records and the shibata for the good stuff
  6. A

What stylus is this?

Sweet thanks
  7. A

What stylus is this?

Just picked up a td-150 that came with a Stanton 681eee with the original stylus, looking at it now though the stylus doesn’t say eee like all other Stanton 681eee’s I’ve seen, it just says Stanton and has an elliptical where the eee would be. It sounds really nice and seems to be in fine shape...
  8. A

Best live/dead pressing?

What is the palms? Is that the second press? All of the palms labels I've heard have sounded really good
  9. A

Best live/dead pressing?

Yeah makes sense, mine sounds really good even with a lot of surface noise. There was a white label on ebay in nm condition, that's why I asked.1973 pressing apparently. I'll keep my eye out for another olive* label
  10. A

Best live/dead pressing?

Green label, white label, reissue? I have the green label which sounds great but my copy isn't in the greatest condition... want to pick up a better copy but not sure which one to go for
  11. A

220v to 110v step down converter for thorens?

So should it be fine with just the adaptor? I mean I'll definitely switch the cord out at some point because why not, but should I be worried at all until then?
  12. A

It's 50hz, says it right on the plinth. It plays totally fine. I've been listening to it every day. Sounds really nice. It's just the adaptor that's kind of janky.
  13. A

That's kind of why I made this post, it didn't seem right that all it needed was an adaptor and a different pulley. I wouldn't know how to tell if it had been re wired or not. Do you want me to open it up and take some pictures?
  14. A

That's exactly what the adaptor is like. The guy I bought it from said that all he did was switch the pulley. He seemed pretty confident that that's all that needed to be done. How would I be able to tell if that's the case?
  15. A

My local electronics repair place charges 75 dollars to even look at turntables. Maybe I'll do it at some point. Is there any chance of the current adaptor being the source of a hum? Or is it most likely a grounding issue?
Back
Top Bottom