Recent content by Almonds

1. Almonds

Using a piggyback cable to feed an oscilloscope.

I think that’s happening- thanks for your answer.
  2. Almonds

Using a piggyback cable to feed an oscilloscope.

I'm using a Dynaco VTA ST120 with no pre-amp. I'm going straight from my source via RCA into the power amp. I like using an oscilloscope just for fun, to view the visuals. My question is, can I just use a RCA piggyback to feed the source to the oscilloscope without degrading sound quality...
  3. Almonds

Anyone have any info at all on Quadrature DSP 5 speakers?

I found a pair of these and I can't really find too much info on the internet. Does anyone here own a pair or know anything about them? They seem like they were high end, like over $5,000 in the 90s. Thanks for any info! Especially I'm looking for info about the DSP. I think they were...
  4. Almonds

Wife says I have a problem ?

Polk SRS 1.2TL
  5. Almonds

MA 9000 as a pre into a Dynaco VTA ST120

Hey there, somehow I missed the notifications that I had replies on this thread... How do you have it wired so you can choose easily? For now, I have to climb behind the integrated and pull the jumpers and re-wire everything. Only takes 2 minutes, but it's a pain.
  6. Almonds

MA 9000 as a pre into a Dynaco VTA ST120

I’m currently using the setup in the title. Is there anything dumb about doing that? I’m just asking because I can run the tube amp with no pre at all, and also because price wise the McIntosh makes me think that the power amp in the McIntosh should be far superior to the Dynaco. But sometimes...
  7. Almonds

Room treatment help in San Diego

Excellent! Thank you, I'll contact him this week.
  8. Almonds

I can move forward as soon as I find someone that will cut the pieces to the right length and install them
  9. Almonds

I haven't had any luck. I tried stereo Unlimited and they gave me advice, but I am not looking for advice. I am not a DIY guy with wood and stuff, and even if I was, I don't have the time. I'm a full time dad with a toddler. I've just been looking for someone to measure the room, find the...
  10. Almonds

Buzz/Hum in subwoofer, not related to cables.

oh, sorry just saw the question about the model. It's Martin Logan dynamo 700
  11. Almonds

Ok thanks so much for the help. On one hand, it would be cool and fun to solve this problem, but on the other hand this sub is nothing special and it would probably be more time and energy effective to just get a different one!
  12. Almonds

Does reflow everything mean to just use a soldering iron to reheat all the joints and then let them cool? If so, I guess I could do that, but if it's any more involved than that, I don't know if this sub is worth the effort.
  13. Almonds

I unconnected and connected every molex connector on the board, I did the same with all ground wires. I also made sure all screws were tight. I wiggled every part on the board that could be wiggled. I tapped everything, gave it a bunch of good knocks. Nothing seems to change the behavior of...
Back
Top Bottom