Recent content by alteclipsch

1. alteclipsch

KLH Model Six Recap+missing tweeter

All of the many, many klh tweeters I've measured have been between 4.0 and 4.5 or so ohms.
  2. alteclipsch

KLH Model Seventeen vs. Ohm Model E speakers?

Yeah, I've had a Twenty One radio for many years, what a honey it is. Great for listening to MLB games and background music on our little porch.
  3. alteclipsch

Question about jbl 4311b purchase

I'd want to verify the wiring on that torn cone to assure there is continuity. The leads are right on the tear, it appears. I don't know those speakers, just a caution.
  4. alteclipsch

KLH Model Seventeen vs. Ohm Model E speakers?

Well said. They both deserve a listen if you can manage it. FWIW, my affinity to the KLH Seventeen is too much to overcome. I've had at least a dozen pairs of them over the past 50 years, going back to the heady days of my young adulthood in the 70s. They always lose out to the bigger KLHs like...
  5. alteclipsch

Baby Advent?

Really? News to me.
  6. alteclipsch

Ohm Model E or KLH 12?

The Kenny tuner is just as good as the integrated amp. Had them both. Too bad about the Twelves, look for Fives, they come up much more often and have same drivers with internal crossover. I love mine, listen daily.
  7. alteclipsch

What's wrong with my A25?

Mine were stuck in with a crazily sticky black goo which was still pliable after all these years. Incredible stuff. I used a little heat from a low, lukewarm setting hair dryer to soften and gentle prying with a paint can opener. Pry in close steps to avoid bending.
  8. alteclipsch

Ohm Model E or KLH 12?

1st of all, the Kenny 3500 is a honey. I've driven KLH Model Fives, Twenty Threes, Seventeens, Twenty Fours, AR4x, for years with one, the musicality of those combinations was hear magical. I've only heard the Model Twelve a few times, but it's essentially an expansion of the Model Five with an...
  9. alteclipsch

Dynaco A35 repair question

My A35s were clipped into jumping out of the vc gap and getting stuck on the front of the magnet and frozen there. That was the end of a wonderful pair of speakers.
  10. alteclipsch

KLH 6 Project - Lacking in Good Bass Response/Punch

I think you need to get them both hooked up so you hear the full music program, position them properly, assure they're in phase, grab a a beer, and sink to ear level
  11. alteclipsch

Help with diagnosing small woofer noise

It looks and sounds like it's bottoming out. It'll destroy the voice coil, won't take long either.
  12. alteclipsch

A25,No sound from Woofer?

Well, way to go there. Can't wait the hear about the repair on the wiring.
  13. alteclipsch

Can you post what you did, preferably with a couple pics? There are lots of A25 owners who are looking for the same info. Congrats on getting them off, good on you for avoiding damage!
  14. alteclipsch

How about driving a fatter screw into the badge hole and just into the frame, heat the area and try to pull the corner up by the screw. Get a bar under there, go a few more inches heat and pry etc.
  15. alteclipsch

I read somewhere that glue was used in some. Mine weren't held by anything but a press fit very tightly pushed on. You'll probably destroy the grills, but they're easy to repair or replace. Maybe someone else here will have another solution. Best of luck with that time piece! Do you think...
Back
Top Bottom