Recent content by Alz

1. Alz

AR 4 Speakers

I was given a pair of 4x last year . Cleaned the pots and until last week listened to them Faithfully in my shop. Pots went tonacting up and as I went to dealmwi5h them the crossover board detached ( glue finally degraded enough.) I'm considering installing cups and 5 way binding posts. No...
  2. Alz

2am and curiosity may kill this cat .

Well the mystery is solved. LLOYD'S duo cone 6in/ 2inch .no Gold this time .lol
  3. Alz

Let's talk tweeters.

I'm collecting EV horns for a later project right now I'm running linaeums on a pair of AR ps 216s and I just picked up ribbons from a pair of Onkyo E200s for another project. I think they are all great choices for reference type projects . sidenote Ev t 35s and the like are getting pretty...
  4. Alz

Polk SDA 1 C's Any known issues ? Worth owning ?

I have a pair of 1cs so far they ha e cost me a fortune in time and money. I enjoy listening to them but I tend to keep moving them out of rotation to restore / upgrade. I have a pair of sda conpacts that I actually enjoy more than the 1cs . Best advice listen to them before purchase they...
  5. Alz

How many run a subwoofer w/ their 2 channel stereo?

I normally run a sub along with stereo mains as subtle low end reinforcement unless I'm using my SDA1cs . They don't particularly get along with a sep sub . Imho
  6. Alz

Lol Nice !
  7. Alz

Well folks one works the other does not. My guess is the wire was pulled from the speaker internally being moved around at some point. On the flip side they sound just as one would expect cheap and not so good .lol my guess an old Montgomery Ward parlor stereo or similar . Maybe I can salvage...
  8. Alz

I just noticed after unraveling the 8 million feet of speaker lead that they still have the rca ends. Lol I think I'll just hook them up and see if they even make noise . If they sound listenable ill pop some speaker cups in and try to spy markings on inside. The things we do just for kicks .lol
  9. Alz

A friend's find

Update Ar4x moved to Shop for a bit amd off the 45w sony and onto yamaha rxv 661 (90) wpc. After cleaning pots while on the Sony they sounded great at around 1/2 volume but I could tell they wanted a little more so Yamaha to the rescue . Efficient is not what I'd call these ARs. i think 90w...
  10. Alz

I didn't have high hopes for them but I so like the grill lol.
  11. Alz

Well my freindd here they are in all their glory ( moisture damaged ) lol where my hands are placed there are drivers im guessing a 6inch and maybe 2 inch cone standard 22 ga wire and thats pretty much it. The grill cloth caught my eye so I snapped them up for I think 10 bucks lol .Any guesses...
  12. Alz

I will do that . I suspect they are pure crap but still they were cheap and I just had to .lol
  13. Alz

Thats what I was planning considering these just have the 22 ga wire slithering out at the bottom .
  14. Alz

So a couple months ago I snapped up a cheap pair of speakers only because they were old and without identification tags . I'm gonna guess they are some house brand garbage but without cracking into them one will never know .these are glued and without entry points so yeah I may be forced to use...
  15. Alz

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I lived in stowe worked at my.Mansfield for s stint .as a.mechanic . Went to hS in St.Albans I don't miss the cold . I still visit inlaws once a year though . During the spring .lol
Back
Top Bottom