Recent content by ameobob

1. ameobob

CR-220 with blown left channel - Thoughts on fixes?

Alright, so it's been a while! I did a couple pokings-around this evening and was looking for the source of the distortion, working my way back from the output transistors. I hooked up a cheapo square wave generator to the aux input and found an odd distortion as early as the base of TR701... I...
  2. ameobob

Apologies for confusing BJT terms vs FET terms. I picked up one of these bad boys http://www.bdent.com/2sc1986-sanken-transistor.html. I suppose I also could have mixed up which pin does what, i couldn't exactly find a data sheet for this.
  3. ameobob

So, I ordered a transistor but it doesn't seem to be exactly right. The blown one is an "Sanken C1986 7NY" and the one I ordered was advertised as just "Sanken C1986" but turned out to be a "40L". I put it in regardless and started her up, but the left channel was still hosed. The new...
  4. ameobob

Alive and well

Alive and well
  5. ameobob

I measured those resistances with the transistors de-soldered, but i'll measure those .33Ohms as well just to be sure :) Edit: Yeah, the 0.33 are all good to go.
  6. ameobob

Awesome, thanks for the tip! Turns out I have a blown Sanken 2SC1986. ( Drain-Source resistance like 2 Ohm >.< ) There was another identical transistor for the right channel that measured out just fine. I've bought a new one online (same manufacturer even) so hopefully it works out. I'll let...
  7. ameobob

Thanks for the links, I've already been looking at them to locate the likely suspects. How would I go about testing the transistors? I've got a nice multimeter and o-scope, what am I looking for? Edit: Ah, I guess I'll check to see if any of them are reading low resistance between the leads...
  8. ameobob

I recently accidentally shorted out the left channel on my CR-220 and didn't realize it until my nose told me so, followed by major distortion of the high end on the left channel. It also seemed to be getting very hot :/ Now, if I only have headphones plugged in it sounds okay at low volume...
Back
Top Bottom