A
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dear Friends,
    I recently found a pair of celestion Ditton 551 speakers without the cabinets.
    As a diy project I took It up and built the cabinets.But to my utter dismay they sounded very bass heavy and boomy bass. I have tried all sorts of damping and the cabinet volume is also accurate.I have even tried to remove the port and make it a sealed enclosure but still the bass is eating up the midrange. please note that the midrange of these speakers are to die for and its awesome! I am having sleepless nights and I feel that my wife is gonna leave me the next time I try to open them up.

Someone please help me and post the photos of the internal cabinet design and damping if they have these speakers, as I really want to keep them. I am running the speakers with a NAD 3155 amp or simultaneously with A Sansui AU-717, both are giving the same results.

Thanking You all in advance, please do post an inside photo of the cabinet if possible.

Amit.
    Dear Friends,
    I recently found a pair of celestion Ditton 551 speakers without the cabinets.
    As a diy project I took It up and built the cabinets.But to my utter dismay they sounded very bass heavy and boomy bass. I have tried all sorts of damping and the cabinet volume is also accurate.I have even tried to remove the port and make it a sealed enclosure but still the bass is eating up the midrange. please note that the midrange of these speakers are to die for and its awesome! I am having sleepless nights and I feel that my wife is gonna leave me the next time I try to open them up.

Someone please help me and post the photos of the internal cabinet design and damping if they have these speakers, as I really want to keep them. I am running the speakers with a NAD 3155 amp or simultaneously with A Sansui AU-717, both are giving the same results.

Thanking You all in advance, please do post an inside photo of the cabinet if possible.

Amit.
    Dear Friends,
    I have a Scott 222B tube amp and it has had a total electrical overhaul.
    All the caps have been changed it has been serviced very nicely by my techie
    There is however one spare part which is not available and I would be obliged if anybody could guide me or if he has it could send me and i would make payment from my PayPal Account.
    The part is the volume potentiometer which is uneven on both channels and leaking at zero. According to my techie its specs are 100K + 500K dual gang with loudness option and on/off switch.
    please do help me on this as this is a very sweet sounding amp paired up with vintage celestion speakers. Thanks in Advance
    Amit
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom