Recent content by amr2

1. amr2

Another MX-1000 refurbished

I used wide dispersion LEDs (140º), Kingbright brand. Right now I don't remember the reference, I think they are already discontinued. Once the mod that @Nashou66 remarks is made, you simply have to replace each bulb with an LED + a series resistor. As you probably already know, the function of...
  2. amr2

Yamaha P2200, resistor on input?

You could also add an external protection, between the amplifier and the speakers. But I like it integrated, and it's a reversible mod.
  3. amr2

Yes. There is also a BOM posted in case you need it.
  4. amr2

This amplifier does not have speaker protection in case of failure. Keep that in mind. I have a post somewhere on how to add it.
  5. amr2

Hello, and welcome aboard! That resistor is not OEM, someone added it. I would remove it.
  6. amr2

MX-1000 cap question

C528 did not exist on my unit..
  7. amr2

Yamaha M-80 in PROTECTION MODE

toluene is a very good glue remover.
  8. amr2

Yamaha p2200 some questions

I have this
  9. amr2

Yamaha C-2a Restoration

Yes, OEM solutions are not always optimal. But in the case of mica or thermal pads, I usually respect it. It's just personal preference...
  10. amr2

Yamaha C-2a Restoration

No, I haven't had bad experiences. It's personal preference. I usually always put what the manufacturer used, so it has an OEM look. There are thermal pads with very good characteristics, you will not have any problems.
  11. amr2

Yamaha C-2a Restoration

Good job. IMHO, I would use a good quality thermal compound with mica, and not thermal pads.
  12. amr2

C-2A opinions wanted

I have bought one recently. It is in very good condition. I had to clean the famous glue, and replace a couple of capacitors with corrosion on the legs. Change thermal grease, readjust and little else. This preamplifier works quite hot, so it will need more or less work depending on the use it...
  13. amr2

Yamaha M-80 Protection/Restoration

You won't have any problem
  14. amr2

Yamaha PC2002 Right Channel: quieter and also distorted

You have to clean up the Sony Bond glue, it causes malfunctions
  15. amr2

MX-1000 display not working

rectifier, sorry
Back
Top Bottom