Recent content by anacortesian

1. anacortesian

Technics SA-400 -opinions?

Got ya. ...but we might add...don't crank the volume so load as go to where it's distorting and "clipping"...or your in trouble. Got to keep telling yourself "your not 22 anymore"
  2. anacortesian

Just to help clarify something...If I use an SA-400 (40watts per ch) OR an SA-500 (55 watts per ch) with the Pioneer (40 watt+-) they're both okay...your just comparing features after that.
  3. anacortesian

Can you use the Technics SA 500 (55 watts per channel) with Pioneer 66 speakers? These are rated 40 watts each.
  4. anacortesian

Technics SA-400 Specs?

So would this SA 400 receiver, with 45 watts per channel be a good match with 40 watt speakers (I'm going to say that's 40 watts per EACH speaker...(but 80 watts combined)
  5. anacortesian

Nice pair of Kabukis! ...Pioneer CS-66 speakers... just need some advice on basic reciever specs?

I can't exactly answer your question swechsler (I'm the one trying to just settle on a proper WPC to look for in a receiver for my damn Pioneer bookshelves... but just as an aside...I see you have Infinity Kappas? ...I have a pair of KCS-120 BR 12" subwoofers (I think they're for a car...
  6. anacortesian

Nice pair of Kabukis! ...Pioneer CS-66 speakers... just need some advice on basic reciever specs?

yes I see... I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore.
  7. anacortesian

Right ...so you don't have to keep turning the volume up in order to get any decent volume and eventually damage the receiver (or speaker). I think your saying go with more than the speaker guidelines (say 40 watt per speaker) go to a 60 watt or 80 watt per channel.receiver ? ...so your power...
  8. anacortesian

Forgetting for a minute that the Pioneer CS-66 speaker is a 3 way enclosed. 8 ohm, 40 watt, 10" woofer, 6.5" mid, cone type tweeter. Would this next statement be accurate? "The Pioneer SX-636 receiver, amedium powered unit, provides a continuous power output of 25 watts per channel, min RMS at...
  9. anacortesian

Right ...so start out with a receiver of say 70-100 watts...maybe somewhat over the "speaker ratings"...of 40 watts(or 80 watts per pair). Guide line...that's all.
  10. anacortesian

Right okay ...so save myself some money and buy an 80-100 watt amp and I can still play them loud once in awhile. Just don't drive them to distortion obviously.
  11. anacortesian

Right once they get here I may take a look inside. I notice the seller did replace those rear funky speaker clips with screw-posts. So someones been inside...if I'm lucky they are somewhat upgraded inside. They are 40 watt speakers (each I believe) so for a receiver I guess an 80 watt - 100 watt...
  12. anacortesian

Yeah...I don't know why they call them that...but I swear to God I read it on a another audio site. Anyway what's your suggestion???
  13. anacortesian

Thanks for your reply mikeybc. So 30 watts per channel (or a 60 watt amp)? . Up to a 100 watt amp ( or 50 watts per channel) do I have that right? and 92db (the speaker rating) is a fairly efficient value.
  14. anacortesian

I am not as experienced as many others here are. I just don't want to wind up with more power than I need- nor less in a receiver for these two. My room size is only 12' x 18'. Standard placement (5' apart. 8' from me) The CS-66 speaker is a 3 way enclosed. 8 ohm, 40 watt, 10" woofer, 6.5" mid...
Back
Top Bottom