Recent content by analog addict

1. analog addict

Sansui 1000A Where to start?

I started with mine by sending it down the road....:cool: Just wasn't interested with messing with something so cramped, complicated, and time consuming. OTOH, I also have a Scott 345 receiver that has been partially restored that fits this niche in my collection. Good luck with the...
  2. analog addict

Multi-cap cans - always replace??

I've had new manufacture CE cans go bad, so obviously there's no 100% guarantee, but the vast majority of the OEM cans are so far out of spec I don't even think about it anymore, I just replace them....
  3. analog addict

RIP Terry DeWick

RIP
  4. analog addict

Quick cap question. Don't recognize this brand...

That's the way I feel as well. Found the Sam's on HiFi Engine, so will check my parts supply when I get home and start in on this job....
  5. analog addict

Thanks for the opinions. I think I'm gonna change out any cap that looks OEM on this piece. Even though I'm not gonna keep it, I want whomever winds up with it not to have to worry about one of the caps failing. That only leaves the rest of the OEM parts to worry about....o_O
  6. analog addict

Bob The Tech, repair experience

Seriously? Apalachin is my home town. Where? I grew up on Holmes Rd, off of what we called old 17 or rt 434...
  7. analog addict

If I'm going to be in the Binghamton/Vestal area....

Hope you got to the Spiedie and Rib Pit. Their Greek chicken spiedie sandwich is the bomb
  8. analog addict

Picked a project off the shelf for restoration and relocation. A very nice HK A-50K that I don't personally have interest in. Popped it open for the first time, and pretty quickly determined that someone's already been in this one... Untitled by analog addict, on Flickr Untitled by analog...
  9. analog addict

HF-85 rebuild....

Heh, Zombie thread. Wonder what ever happened to that preamp? I surely don't remember...:cool:
  10. analog addict

Hifi hoarder cleanout

There but for fortune...
  11. analog addict

Fire Sale mystery Altecs

Having 420As and 416s, I might consider selling these speakers and getting the ones with the 420A's with the proceeds. The 420A will reach much higher into the upper midrange frequencies and fill that potential hole in the frequency response. YMMV
  12. analog addict

Capehart console with flip-over changer

Id have looked carefully at the speaker. Had a similar one pass through my hand that had a WE 728B inside of it... https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/contemplating-a-major-purchase-capehart-western-electric-rek-o-kut.364756/#post-4582988
  13. analog addict

QLS vs Kappa 9a vs RSIIb

I owned both K9s and RSIIb's at the same time. The K9s had slightly better bass, but over all I found the RSIIbs to be a better sounding speaker. The K9s went down the road and I still have the RSIIbs. YMMV
  14. analog addict

lafayette kt-600

In case you have any interest in what you might be getting yourself into, here's a restore thread of a KT-600A https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/lafayette-kt600a-restoration.987441/
  15. analog addict

Custom Wood Cases

You mean like this? Better than the original Citation cases because of the ventilation slots... Citation cases by Analog Addict, on Flickr Citation cases by Analog Addict, on Flickr Original case for comparison... Citation cases by Analog Addict, on Flickr
Back
Top Bottom