Recent content by AnalogBrad

1. AnalogBrad

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Wiim Pro Plus is 20% off; discounts on the other Wiim products for Black Friday. Just ordered a Pro Plus to add to my 2 Pros.
  2. AnalogBrad

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Lafayette LA-45 mono amp, with Mullard EL84/6BQ5 tubes - $5 at yard sale
  3. AnalogBrad

Could the player cabinet be genuine?

For $300, that's alot of coolness
  4. AnalogBrad

The greatest collectors of Acoustic Research

The greatest AR Collection, as measured by acres 17.9 acres in Ulster County, New York (landsofamerica.com)
  5. AnalogBrad

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

That’s a pillow in there
  6. AnalogBrad

Wharfedale W60 cabinets - with a surprise inside

Fortunately they were on the side of the road. I’m probably ahead only by the laugh I had when I opened them up.
  7. AnalogBrad

Wharfedale W60 cabinets - with a surprise inside

I picked up these Wharfedale W60somethings. After bringing them home I determined - that’s not a Wharfedale rear panel. Or drivers. Or pillow. Any idea what the woofers might be? They are cloth surround and dust cap. Thanks!
  8. AnalogBrad

HH Scott console, MN

I bought a Copley console just for the knobs. This has the same knobs as the 299D, and others.
  9. AnalogBrad

Scott 210A Mono Integrated

Theres a Scott 210A SN 113 for sale on FB Marketplace in Meriden CT. Listing is under “Laboratory Amplifier” asking $150. More of a project than I should undertake. Marked Pending a moment after I posted.
  10. AnalogBrad

Turntable ID

Any ideas on what this turntable is?
  11. AnalogBrad

Replacing Speaker Screw Terminals + Phono Input Interference

The 'Gold Plated Banana Plug Spade Fork' from the bay work for me
  12. AnalogBrad

What's your best speaker "score"?

My Klipsch Heresy I HBR were $20. They did need dust caps, though.
  13. AnalogBrad

what is everyone's threshold for....

For a $1 record from a yard sale, I'm OK w/ noise. A $25 new one, not so much.
  14. AnalogBrad

Rebuilding old stereo consoles

Another aspect is the drivers. I sold a pair of KLH 5s, cabinets in poor condition, to an AKer who intended to install the drivers into console with about the same volume in the cabinets. Repurposing quality speakers with damaged, poor condition cabinets into the console adds another...
  15. AnalogBrad

Fried model ??? Speakers

I'd bet they did have foam inside. My Q/3s have foam which is stuffed into the port at the bottom of the speaker.
Back
Top Bottom