Recent content by analoginaz

1. A

$11 Chinese AT3600L Thread Mk. II - Champagne sound on a Beer budget!

I ordered two and got just the headshells today as well. I left the seller a message. We'll see if they respond.
  2. A

Mats (no rediscovering the wheel)

Andre, what did you use for the veneer? And how did you apply the veneer so that it was even? Thanks.
  3. A

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

Here is a just a little more information on this wonderful little pre-amp, I have been comparing the Chinese tubes against two different versions of Russian 5AK5 tubes. One set of Russian tubes have a small inset channel that runs vertically,up and down the glass tube. There are two channels on...
  4. A

Sony PS-X50 cueing problem

Thanks for sharing. I tried the naphtha (but no additional applied force) and it hasn't moved. Update. I tried a little synthetic Mobil 1 oil, rubber mallet, small hammer and screwdriver. I put the rubber mallet on the cue pin and the tapped the mallet with hammer until it went down. Then...
  5. A

Sony PS-X50 cueing problem

I have this same problem (posted earlier this year) and I have tried gentle hammering, WD 40, and acetone. It feels so stuck that it feels that it was meant to be that way. I thought of heating it up too but was worried that it might melt something unintended. I'll give naphtha a try tomorrow.
  6. A

Simple Mach 1 project went off the rails... a bit.

The refurbished cabinet looks great. Can you describe how you applied the super glue to the woofer? I am thinking of doing the same with my Nova 8b.
  7. A

Sony PS-X50 Cue Issue

Hi, I have a Sony PS-X50 turntable with cueing issue. The vertical pin that pushes the tonearm up is really stuck. I've tried WD40 and then went with acetone on the pin, from the top, and it won't budge. It is so tight, it feels like it is welded. I looked underneath and it there is nothing...
  8. A

Best speaker score under $100

Radio Shack Realistic Nova 8b for $20. Dayton BR1 for $40. And gave away a pair of Advent Legacy (newer version) for free to help someone else start down this hobby.
  9. A

Budget and Affordable Record Mat???

Hi lini, You are right that my simple test is not scientific and that the difference could be due to other factors. In regards due to a VTA affect, both the cork and leather were approx the same extra thickness so it is most likely not due to VTA. Now, it could be a factor for the comparison...
  10. A

Budget and Affordable Record Mat???

Hey Josh, I have a Dual 1219 and I have just started playing with mats as well. I first tried a cork mat on top of the standard 1219 mat. My son and I did a quick listening test and preferred the cork mat over not having it. It was pretty easy to hear a difference; all the tones cleaned up...
  11. A

Audio on a shoe-string!

Audio on a shoe string Thanks PAGS for the information. Have you tried a tube buffer already?
  12. A

Audio on a shoe-string!

Audio on a shoe-string Hey Pags...I'm buying obscure - and relatively cheap - Chinese stuff directly from Hong Kong. Do you have any equipment to recommend? Thanks Phil
  13. A

Linaeum Unleashed!

I am trying to understand what if anything you did to the original LX8 crossover. The only thing I noticed was the additional cap across the woofer terminals. Is that all? Also, did think about upgrading the crossover components (e.g. the inductors)? Thanks for sharing what you did with the...
  14. A

Newbie from Phoenix, AZ

Hello AKers, I got introduced to this site from the PE site's listing of the Karma Indignias. I plan on trying to build my first speaker this fall and I think I have finally decided on the Indignias. My system currently consists of Carver AL IIIs and I am temporarily powering them with a...
  15. A

Which one - Zaph ZMV5 or Karma Indignias?

Hi, I am a newbie and am thinking of either building either the Zaph ZMV5 or that Karma Indignias as my first build. Can anyone offer any listening comparisons between the two speakers? Thanks Phil
Back
Top Bottom