Recent content by anderslober

1. anderslober

Sansui eight deluxe.

The unit I have here is definitely an Eight Deluxe. The picture from the web is an ahhhh…..eehhh…Eight……..you are corect!……sorry
  2. anderslober

Sansui eight deluxe.

Nobody..?
  3. anderslober

Sansui eight deluxe.

Hi forum. I am working on an Eight Deluxe. This unit is in really good condition. Were there 2 different power supply boards for the Eight Deluxe? See pictures below. The board in this unit seems very ‘unpopulated’ cap/diode wise………first picture is here from the forum.
  4. anderslober

Sansui Six stuff.

Also some iffy transistors on the amp boards…..recommendations welcome.
  5. anderslober

Sansui Six stuff.

Hello again forum. A fellow brought over this very nice Sansui Six receiver for service. I think it may be the first Six I have ever done. Very compact build. There are some 0.68uf/25v caps on the amp boards…….havent got any of those. Would 1uf/50v do instead? Power supply is a ‘bitch’ to get...
  6. anderslober

Kenwood kr9400 on bench.

Nobody seen the above caps? Anyway…on the tone board there is a bunch of 6.8uf/10v bipolar caps……what do you fellas use instead? Wima’s?
  7. anderslober

Kenwood kr9400 on bench.

The caps are not original to the receiver. I have never seen them before. See picture.
  8. anderslober

Kenwood kr9400 on bench.

A fellow just brought this unit over for service. No power. Switch was FULL of carbon! Disassembled and cleaned. Power ON…relay click…good! Any experience with ‘JB blue capacitors’? Are they any good? There are a few of those in this unit.
  9. anderslober

Harman 730 blows left speaker.

Got the switch out and disassembled for cleaning and ‘tuning’. It actually wasnt that difficult.️‍♀️Put it all back together nd it seems to work now on all channels. I will test for a couple of days using all inputs.
  10. anderslober

Yikes..ok…take apart the switch…..will try
  11. anderslober

Ths is exactly what I think is going on. I can trace signal to rivet…just not after rivet….can this be fixed?
  12. anderslober

Ok….I changed both pre-drivers on the left. This took away the 275mv and I was able to bias. I am still not out of the woods. The selector switch is acting up. Initially it was dropping phono 1/2 channels, now it is dropping aux 1/2 channels. Huh? The phono channels work fine now….not the aux...
  13. anderslober

Hello guys. I have a 730 on the bench that is acting up.The unit blew my left speaker! Anyway…I have 275mV on the left speaker terminal. 0mV on the right terminal. Main in/pre-out is disconnected AND speaker switches are OFF. I dont get it….why do I still have voltage at the left terminal...
  14. anderslober

Harman 730 idle current.

I changed drivers to mje243/253…all is normal.
  15. anderslober

Harman 730 idle current.

Hi guys. There is nothing frying or blowing up. On the dbt…bright then dim. I have recapped the power amp board and installed new tr’s. The only 2 tr’s NOT changed were the 2sc853 bias tr’s. 2sc1400=ksc1845. The rest [drivers)are ksc2690/ksa1220. Bias diode 1s1211 replaced with one 1n4148. New...
Back
Top Bottom