Recent content by andx0r

1. andx0r

3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

I was hoping to go because I haven't been to one of these in a long time, but I'll be attending a funeral on Saturday :(
  2. andx0r

Post Your Desk-Top System

Laptop - > Mcintosh D100 -> AT Headphones.
  3. andx0r

Sold most of my McGear for garage funds - modest NAD-based replacement for my living room.

The raw horsepower of the Mac stuff was nice, as was the much nicer build quality and tactile feedback. Sound-wise I couldn't really say if one is better than the other - they are different for sure. The NAD is smooth as butter through the Focals and you could probably listen forever without...
  4. andx0r

Sold most of my McGear for garage funds - modest NAD-based replacement for my living room.

I sold all of my McIntosh gear (except my D100) to pour funds into my garage build, so I was stuck with a silent living room. Now that the garage and driveway are sorted out (money-wise at least) it was time to get some music going again. So, I took a risk on the NAD 3020 v2 when it was marked...
  5. andx0r

Pics of your listening space

Converted a corner of my basement into a sitting area with furniture and decor I wasn’t using. Ofc I had to put some speakers in there, currently paired with a little Bluetooth amp until I upgrade. Before and after:
  6. andx0r

Chicago/Southern WI Members - Save the Date

Ah, bummer. Won't be able to make this one.
  7. andx0r

It probably does a better job than that single supply on the west (blue) wall! Supply on inside wall, return on outside wall under window (behind couch)....gotta love cheap 50s houses originally built with gravity furnances :rflmao:
  8. andx0r

A fair point. Pic 1 is the hot seat, pic 2 is the couch seat, pic 3 is the system rack again. Room is a work in progress. I still need to find some wall art I like, and my new sofa and chair arrives in March or April.
  9. andx0r

I bought a new TV stand from Amazon for my living room. Pretty happy for under 200 bucks. Rated for 250lb!
  10. andx0r

so i finally have a stereo setup...

That'll get the job done.
  11. andx0r

Big in Japan.

It took one month to the day, but the state of WI has decided my van is here legally and that I'm it's owner. I'm legal to drive! ...just in time for winter :rflmao:
  12. andx0r

Asian Sensations

I can't afford old Japanese sports cars, so I just make do with mid-engined cabover vans instead.
  13. andx0r

A new set up in the kitchen

That's a really stylish compact system!
  14. andx0r

Big in Japan.

So far every part I've bought for this thing has cross-referenced to parts available in the USA on Amazon and RockAuto. But, I needed a taillight panel for it and ordered one from Japan. FedEx, who once took 2+ weeks to get me a lightpackage from Ohio to WI, somehow got me the thing overnight...
  15. andx0r

Big in Japan.

Shifting with the left hand is easy. Going through the drive-thru isn't :rflmao:
Back
Top Bottom