Recent content by andyo5

1. D7K_1836

D7K_1836

2. andyo5

Need help with my MC7106

Hello, Rudy! I had an MC7106 for a few years, and mine also arrived without any working green lights. You will find that the light bulbs are not actually green, but they are mounted behind green colored plastic windows. I purchased the appropriate lightbulbs from a local electrical supplier and...
  3. andyo5

MCD 7007 vibration

I recently noticed that when I play a CD in my MCD 7007 player, I can feel a vibration throughout all the components on the same equipment rack as the player. I found this out while resting my hand on one of those components this morning. The vibration occurs only when the player is actively...
  4. andyo5

What two channel McIntosh power amp?

Hi, all. I currently am using an MX130 pre/tuner with an MC7106 six channel power amp. I am looking to replace the 7106 with a smaller two channel amp, since I only use two channels and would like to reduce the size and weight as compared to the 7106. I have considered replacing both units with...
  5. andyo5

Mcintosh owners snobs

All three of my McIntosh pieces are from the 1990s. I have never felt snubbed by others on this website because of that. There are MUCH better reasons to snub me. (Just kidding).
  6. andyo5

RANT: This has been so disappointing...

What really disappoints me about the entire electronics industry is the way failure of a one dollar electronic component, such as a capacitor, results in replacement of the entire board instead of the dead component. Easier for the repairman and also much more profitable. I got lucky last year...
  7. andyo5

New MC 7106 owner

I have one, which I bought to pair with my MX130 HT preamp. It sounds great and has way more functionality than I am currently using. I had to replace all the front panel lamps as all were burned out when I received the amp.
  8. andyo5

MC152 with Klipsch RF-7 MkII

Go ahead and test them, if only to see how you like horn tweeters. I had a 300 square foot living room in my old house, with an 8 foot ceiling. Nice size. Have you considered a subwoofer for more bottom end? If you can get Cornwalls (if your wife won't divorce you because of them) you would...
  9. andyo5

My MR78 vs. my 'new' MR7083 comparison.

John, Back before our recent move, I had a unidirectional antenna installed in the attic and even in Evansville I was able to bring in 32 stations clearly. That antenna's performance was superior to that of the powered Terk antenna that I had been using in the living room. In our new home (in...
  10. andyo5

When I first started listening to FM radio in the '70s, it had a more sophisticated air to it than AM radio with all its dumb commercials. Now, AM is almost dead (mostly talk radio and church stuff) while FM has taken the slot that AM once filled. Too many loud, dumb commercials. I try to keep...
  11. andyo5

Amp for Heresys

I like Nordost cables. I have original Blue Heaven speaker cables now. I sold the BH interconnects because they made the system too bright (probably because they were used with BH speaker cables). I have mostly Heimdall interconnects now. My Amp and pre are McIntosh
  12. andyo5

I don't know. I purchased an MX130 a while back and sold the MR7083 because it was no longer needed. The tuner in the MX is basically the same as the MR7083 and sounds great, plus it has a remote. Truthfully, I listen to XM/Sirias more than I do FM. More choices and fewer commercials.
  13. andyo5

Amp for Heresys

I also have H3s. my amp and preamp are both McIntosh solid state. I don't want to rain on your parade, but the amp is only part of the picture. In spite of what I have heard and read, speaker cables and interconnects also play a part.
  14. andyo5

New to McIntosh. Please help me pick a preamp

I also have Heresy 3s. I'm using a McIntosh MX130 home theater preamp and getting great results. The home theater features, although now obsolete, will still work if you get the right complement of speakers. But even without home theater, it has so much flexibility that it serves as TWO preamps...
  15. andyo5

Anticables

I'd like to hear from forum members who have tried Anticables brand speaker cables. I am interested in which models you tried, and what your impressions were. Anything you can tell me about them would be helpful. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom