Recent content by Antiwork

1. A

Troubleshooting help

Well, I thought I had it licked (cleaned all the contacts on the mute switch), but as it turns out it's not. It played 2 albums flawlessly, I reinstalled the dust cover, came back an hour later and it's doing the same thing again. Maddening. I'll keep playing with it or send it sailing out the...
  2. A

Troubleshooting help

Somewhere along the line I typed '1249', when I should have typed '1245'. On this model, the RCAs are hard wired (soldered at the turntable). I'm looking into this muting switch business. I'll see what I can figure out there...
  3. A

Troubleshooting help

Thanks again and a bit of an update: Indeed the sled connections were cruddy. I cleaned those up, but it had no effect on the problem I moved the turntable to the aux input: same problem, just quieter overall. I messed with the leads a little bit: no change. The cart was replaced about a month...
  4. A

Troubleshooting help

Thanks for the info. Right after lunch, I did try moving the turntable from phono 1 to phono 2 and the problem followed. I also tried pulling the sled and checking the cartridge leads. They all seemed fine. I didn't think to check the pins though, I'll have to try that and a non-phono input on...
  5. A

Troubleshooting help

Need a little help here. My basement system has been getting a good bit more use than usual with the working from home bit. This morning I started up the receiver, started the turntable and heard a fairly loud pop from the right speaker. When music began to play, it was clear that the right...
  6. A

SMSL M8A (massdrop) or Schiit Bifrost (used)

Thanks for all of the replies guys. Lots to think about. It's sort of annoying that there is no real way to audition this stuff without purchasing. Also funny that the D30 was brought up, that's one of the units I've been looking into, in addition to the ones I made the thread about. At this...
  7. A

SMSL M8A (massdrop) or Schiit Bifrost (used)

I had about 90% talked myself into getting in on the MassDrop SMSL M8A, but then noticed this morning that its possible to pick up a used Schiit Bifrost (first revision I'd imagine) for right around $200. I'm a good bit more familiar with analog equipment so I'm feeling a little bit out of my...
  8. A

Chromecast Audio - Tell us you success stories

This might sound completely stupid, but are any of the devices, like for instance your laptop, on a 5g network? I had tons of problems when my provider stealth upgraded us to 5g wifi service (the Chromecast, like many devices will only work reliably on a 2.x wifi setup... and any devices that...
Back
Top Bottom