Recent content by anytune

1. anytune

Finally finished the Marantz 2270!

Fantastic restore job. Congrats!
  2. anytune

Musical Artists Name-Checked in Song Lyrics

Two prolific examples of artists mentioned in song lyrics are: We Didn't Start The Fire - Billy Joel Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me) - Reunion
  3. anytune

Can you identify this logo ?

This may help
  4. anytune

2023 Final Bows

As we close the book on 2023, here's a look back at some of the notable singers, musicians and songwriters we said good-bye to this past year.
  5. anytune

KA-3500 in the house

A KA-3500 anchored my first real system (1977). It played great for many years and should serve you well. BTW, 40 watts per channel is plenty for your Fortes. Enjoy!
  6. anytune

Table top am/fm radios

I have this same model in the kitchen. $10 at Goodwill and it works great!
  7. anytune

I could have sworn they were... (band or artist)

For years, I assumed Elvis sang "Suspicion" (1964), but it was Terry Stafford. I also thought Neil Diamond sang "Nice to Be With You" (1972). Nope, it's Jim Gold, who led the Detroit pop group Gallery.
  8. anytune

65 years after release, Brenda Lee's Christmas classic hits No. 1

Hall of Famer Brenda Lee has broken a string of chart records with her holiday classic Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree reaching No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/dec/05/brenda-lee-rockin-around-the-christmas-tree-us-no-1 Lee was just 13 when she...
  9. anytune

Picked up the last Plasma Panasonic made

I have a 2005 Panasonic plasma that's still as sharp and clear as ever.
  10. anytune

Any idea whose LP this is?

You're most welcome. For the record (pun intended), William Oliver Swofford's breakthrough LP contained two Top 5 hits: The title track, from the Broadway musical "Hair" and Jean, written by Rod McKuen, for the film "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie."
  11. anytune

Any idea whose LP this is?

Oliver - Good Morning Starshine (1969)
  12. anytune

Culling the Holiday Playlist

The radio airwaves are jammed full of Christmas songs, many stations having gone to an all-holiday format until New Year's. I like a lot of the Christmas pop classics, but there are some I just can't. So, let's wave the magic wand and delete from the rotation our five least favorite holiday...
  13. anytune

Sirius XM – Top 50 Artists of the ‘60s

Sirius XM is out with its countdown of the 50 biggest artists of the 1960s, based on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Some of the names may surprise you, either by where they placed or the fact they were (or weren’t) even mentioned. Several acts, including Fats Domino, Sam Cooke, the Everly...
  14. anytune

Seeking a song.

actual lines: 'Cause I wonder where you are And I wonder what you do. Are you somewhere feeling lonely? Or is someone loving you?
  15. anytune

First movie you saw at drive-in movie theatre

First drive-in movie I remember (I was 4) was "The Parent Trap" starring Haley Mills in summer 1961.
Back
Top Bottom