Recent content by arcamguy1

1. arcamguy1

Kef R3 Metas

Not yet; saving up and looking at other options, although I did get a chance to audition the R3's last week. Impressive.
  2. arcamguy1

KEF owners thread

Now Ken, That’s an impressive system. Jeff
  3. arcamguy1

KEF owners thread

Ken, I’ve watched his videos, which were very helpful. If my budget allowed, the Reference 1 Metas would be an option but unfortunately not. I bet they’re great speakers. Given the fact I like jazz vocals - Diana Krall, etc, how do you find the midrange? Do vocals have body and presence...
  4. arcamguy1

KEF owners thread

Hi group, Anybody own, or have listened to KEF R3 Metas? I’m considering buying a pair. I’m downsizing my system and selling some heavy floorstanders. If anyone has listened to the R3 Metas, I’d appreciate your thoughts. I’m a jazz/vocals/R&B/rock/classical guy. I’ve been intrigued by the...
  5. arcamguy1

Kef R3 Metas

Hi group, Anyone own the Kef R3 Metas? I’m considering buying them. My system consists of Bel Canto REF600 monos, a Bel Canto preamp, Cardas cabling and other assorted stuff. I‘ve owned Kef before and am familiar with the Kef house sound. These intrigue me because reviewers have complimented...
  6. arcamguy1

Tracking Wizard's Custom Alignment Cartridge Protractors - thoughts?

Here's how I'm using the Tracking Wizard for my Technics 1200GR: since the numbers are based on the particular geometry of that turntable, I'm presuming that if my cartridge is properly aligned at the two null points, I'm good to go. By "properly aligned," I'm getting the stylus tip lined up and...
  7. arcamguy1

Tracking Wizard's Custom Alignment Cartridge Protractors - thoughts?

Hi group, I bought one of these to align my Technics 1200GR; it seems straightforward. Do you need to line the protractor up with the pivot point first? Other than line-of-sight, does anyone have tips on how to do that accurately? How have you used it? Much appreciated...
  8. arcamguy1

Did I damage my speakers?

Hi group, I could use your expertise. I own a pair of Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand SE speakers; they are 4 ohm nominal with a recommended amplification of 40-250W. I am driving them with Bel Canto REF600M monos which put out 600W into 4ohms. I drive the speakers responsibly. My...
  9. arcamguy1

Luxman/Pioneer/Boston Acoustics Rig

I sold my pair of A-400’s in 2005 and have been kicking myself ever since. Great speakers.
  10. arcamguy1

Cartridge compliance question

Part two: Heard back from UncleAng: the 28g comes from a 1977 review he saved; he will email it to me and I'm forward to reading it. Any updated cartridge recommendations are welcome, Thanks, Jeff
  11. arcamguy1

Cartridge compliance question

Hi group, Resurrecting an old thread here; five years later, I've been looking for new cartridges for my 6300: the Denon DL103r is going to Soundsmith for repair/retip. Thanks again to all who contributed in 2014. Question: has anyone seen a reliable/more accurate number for the 6300's tonearm...
  12. arcamguy1

Bel Canto e.one series

My main amp is a REF500s. Had it for a few years. Very happy with it.
  13. arcamguy1

Do You Save Your Equipment Boxes?

Absolutely. I keep all the original boxes, with original packing materials. Good for storage, resale, shipping. Don't throw anything away.
  14. arcamguy1

CD (and Steely Dan) Fans Only...

Very nice. Huge Steely Dan fan here: I think Gaucho is sublime. Your daughter has very good taste.
  15. arcamguy1

Tonearm rewiring: any recommendations?

Hi group, Do you have any recommendations on a good expert who rewires tonearms? I want to upgrade my tonearm cable (my tonearm is a Pro-Ject 9cc) and I could use some advice about who's good out there. Thanks....
Back
Top Bottom