Archguy's Recent Activity

1. Archguy liked Markoneswift's post in the thread New Audiophile - Speaker + Receiver advice.

Don't worry too much about WPC unless you live in an aircraft hangar or are stone deaf :-) My little amp is rated 35 wpc and I don't go...

Nov 22, 2017 at 8:10 PM
  2. Archguy replied to the thread Automotive Analogies.

The analogy would probably be sound to motion, not sound to an automobile. Motion is the primary purpose of an automobile just as...

Nov 22, 2017 at 8:00 PM
  3. Archguy replied to the thread What happened to the post count???.

Amphetamines. Is there nothing they can't do?

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:55 AM
  4. Archguy liked darkblue94's post in the thread New Audiophile - Speaker + Receiver advice.

If there's any electronics repair shops in your neighborhood check them out for bargains on vintage gear. They usually check them out to...

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:35 PM
  5. Archguy replied to the thread New Audiophile - Speaker + Receiver advice.

That's really good thinking. Never even occurred to me before.

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:30 PM
  6. Archguy replied to the thread Matching Speaker Cable Length.

Or maybe it was because I was playing Led Zeppelin II at 130dB. I mean, who knows? Could be anything.

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM
  7. Archguy replied to the thread Matching Speaker Cable Length.

Agreed that minor differences in length won't matter much. However, once I really pushed the envelope and had one side about six feet...

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:15 PM
  8. Archguy replied to the thread Automotive Analogies.

Okay, I now definitely accept that McIntosh isn't the RR of audio. In fact, there's really no close automotive analogy. Meanwhile, I...

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:40 PM
  9. Archguy liked toxcrusadr's post in the thread If I just got a McIntosh, would my search be over?.

Asking this question in a Mac forum is like asking your pusher if there are other drugs out there you should be trying. :tongue:

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:22 AM
  10. Archguy liked ScottFan355's post in the thread Interesting challenge: Help me put together a Craigslist speaker/amp combo for less than $300.

I see avr receivers that originally went for 3k for $100-$150 on my local cl. I've looked up some of these and supposedly they are...

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:48 PM