Archguy's Recent Activity

1. Archguy liked bhunter's post in the thread Automotive Analogies.

The high end from Japan: 1967 Toyota 2000GT. My favorite Japanese Car: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] And the special production convertible used...

you-only-live-twice-james-bonds-toyota-2000gt_8.jpg you-only-live-twice-james-bonds-toyota-2000gt_2.jpg autowp.ru_toyota_2000gt_convertible_1.jpg Sep 19, 2017 at 5:18 PM
  2. Archguy liked maxhifi's post in the thread Automotive Analogies.

Some More literal analogies Compare power to weight ratio of a car, to speaker efficiency. Compare a transmission to an output...

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:18 PM
  3. Archguy liked Andyman's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

Here's a case in point with me. I have two tube amps, an Almarro A205 SEP EL84 amp and a bit of an AK favorite, plus a Magnavox 8802...

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM
  4. Archguy liked twiiii's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

Mcintosh mono amps are just not my cup of tea. They take up to much space, cost to much, for what they do. I mean where would I put...

5. Archguy replied to the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

Definitely agree, but FWIW, I sometimes can't help thinking this way. For an automotive analogy, I believe the point of diminishing...

6. Archguy liked kickitagain's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

I would say it is when I pay waaaay too much for something 40 yrs old,that doesn't work,and I don't have any money left for beer!

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:01 PM
  7. Archguy liked motorstereo's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

Where is my point of diminishing returns? My point would've been right after my very first upgrade years ago. Those upgrades steadily...

8. Archguy liked Mister Pig's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

My goal is less about a point of diminishing return, but buying audio gear that gives long term satisfaction. I would rather buy it...

9. Archguy liked woofmytweets's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

exactly my feeling - you find tons of cool crap, and also things that you just can't get anywhere else.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM
  10. Archguy liked Bodyblue's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

Many years ago it was not an option to be frugal, I had to be. Now that I dont really have to be, I find it much more fun to look for...

11. Archguy liked jrtrent's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

speakers: For me, the point of diminishing returns had long been a two-way, acoustic suspension design sporting an eight inch woofer,...

12. Archguy liked mgosdin's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

I'm an advocate of being aware of the point of diminishing returns ( Not meaning it to be harmful in any way. ), but like has been said...

13. Archguy liked ev13wt's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

I'm open for anything. My diminishing return start at the point where it either sounds "the same" or "different" - but not better. I...

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM
  14. Archguy liked sKiZo's post in the thread I want to get a Tube setup, please help.

+1 on that. If you're handy with an iron and can read, you can get a kit with a full set of tubes for around $1200. Completely built,...

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM
  15. Archguy liked Sandy G's post in the thread Jaw....dropped.....

Tubes- Tube technicians- put up a H3lluva fight,, at least at 1st, but the technology got better & better...

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:58 PM